Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Middle of the Week Randomness

Just got home from church and now I'm unwinding. Wednesdays are very tiresome for me. Our youth group is growing, PTL, and with that comes exhaustion. I'm not as young as I used to be. :) It's hard for me to keep up with them sometimes. They are a good group but a rowdy group. Then again what teenagers aren't? Anyway, now I'm just checking blogs and seeing what I've missed.

Don't you just ADORE little Miss Harper Stamps???? I know any of you who read my blog know who she is because chances are you came here by way of Kelly's in the first place. Let me just say I love that little girl! She gets cuter every day! And those bows. Oh my word!

On another note, I went to the oral surgeon for a consultation appointment today. Lucky for me I get to have THREE teeth (is that the proper usage) implants. I prayed that the LORD would have mercy on us financially and it looks like what we have set aside for it should cover it. Go God! I was really concerned about that. Another major plus is that I like my...doctor?...dentist? Is there a shorter, yet politically correct term for "oral surgeon?"

Moving on...you should all know something. I have a confession...I didn't weigh this week. I know I'm bad but let me tell you why. This week I struggled with making good eating choices (did you know girl scout cookies are here??). I wanted to weigh but I also didn't want to be so discouraged in the beginning and give up. I have done some good things this week like going to the gym, taking the 4 flights of stairs at work and not the elevator, writing down everything I eat in a food journal, and eating smaller portions. Having done all that I very well could have lost weight or stayed the same but for some reason I just didn't feel like getting on the scale. I'll get back on it next week though. I must!

Tomorrow is Thursday and one day closer to Friday. It is also mine and Josh's 5 month wedding anniversary. WOW!!! Time flies!! I love being married to Josh! He's my favorite!!

OK, I guess I will leave you on that sweet note!!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I went to Dr. Gray's this week for a retainer check-up and they all asked me about you! I hadn't been in there since we stopped cleaning. It was kind of strange!

And yes, Harper is unbelievably cute!!!! How could she not be!?!?

Good job on the working out! I think you are going to have to start calling me to make sure I'm at the gym! Ha!

ashleydiggs said...

Happy 5 month anniversary! I like that you said, "He's my favorite!"

Lauren said...

Congrats on the 5 months with Josh Hillary :o) That's awesome how God has provided in your finances for your teeth :o) Just wanted to say hello and hope you're having a GREAT week!

Jenna said...

Yay for 5 months!! Ya'll are such a cute and sweet couple. Love it!

And I totally support the not weighing in issue if it might cause discouragement. You are doing so good, and I think losing weight definitely has a lot to do with the mental aspect (and not just how it makes us all crazy). :-) It sounds like you are on the right track with the working out and eating. You are an inspiration, my dear!

Hope you are having a great Thursday, Hillary!

Megan L Hutchings said...

It sounds like you have been one busy gal lately :)! Those flowers are just beautiful!!!

Julie said...

The alter flowers are beautiful! I love the colors!

Reading about your dentist/oral surgeon appointment made my mouth hurt! It sounds painful to me!

Congratulations on 1 year of service at your church!

TriciaNae said...

Hey girl..you're right..miss Harper is TOO cute.

The FPU preview was really good. It basically just gave you a jumpstart (like if you had no idea what it was about). And..we were able to buy our kits. We are really excited!!

And..happy 5 months. LOL Our 3 months is on Sunday!!

Amy said...

Hey, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Happy 5 month anniversary. I will celebrate two years in April. It's such a blessing!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Hilary, I cam over from Trica, and I have had the most horribly time weighing in this whole month...I just feel....GROSS! So I hope that you and I both do better this upcoming week and let's make a pact to BOTH weigh in!

Oh, and lil' Miss Harper is just the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Heather said...

I found your blog through Kelly's and love reading! We taught youth at our church back home in Nashville and just recently moved to Houston. Sounds like you are a youth pastor's wife? Dunno, just a guess. I miss teenagers so much, I can't wait to get back into the youth ministry. They keep ya feelin' so young don't they?!