Wednesday, August 14, 2013

So Fast




It's true what they say. It really does go by so fast. I blinked and my newest little love turned one month (that post is coming soon). One month! I can honestly say this is when I start to actually like having a newborn. Don't misunderstand, I fell in love the moment I saw her but teeny tiny newborns are not my favorite. I'm a planner, I like a schedule, I need predictability, consistency, and sleep. None of those things come with a newborn. Around a month I feel like some of these things start to return. She still likes to surprise me but at least by this point I know her better. As most of you know I'm a scheduler and by now we have somewhat of a routine. It helps me function and makes me happy. A happy momma is a good thing. Sleep is coming in longer stretches and that is a great thing.


I feel like I'm finally getting into my rhythm. I've had several really good days lately and for that I'm thankful. Being a momma is hard work but I'm blessed to be one.
And I happen to have the cutest girls in the world.


I wasn't fully prepared for what a newborn and toddler would do to my sanity but I love it and wouldn't change a thing. God is good and my little ladies are my favorite.


Can't leave out my big girl. Pretty girl.

3 comments:

Jen {Pinch Me} said...

Both of your ladies are stunning. I just can't believe how big Sophie has gotten!! One month already, wow!

Unknown said...

Sophie is resembling Sadie! Both your babies have such nicely shaped heads. You sound a lot like me. Enjoy your beautiful babies.

Jill said...

I was thinking about you today and meant to text to say hi. And then I was interrupted and forgot. I'm reading blogs for the first time in a sweet forever. I'm happy to read things are going well with you and those precious babies.

Sophie looks like Sadie in that second picture! <3