Sunday, January 4, 2009

Missing Josue!

You would think that since up until marriage Josh and I spent the weekdays apart I'd be used to it. For almost two years we spent our weekends in the same place but the rest of the time we were away from each other. It wasn't fun but we made it work. I guess I just knew we had to do it so we did it. Now though, Josh has been gone 7 hours and I'm already sad! He left after church today to go to Ft. Worth for an I-term at Southwestern Baptist Theological seminary. He will be gone until Friday. He is enrolled in seminary there but has been able to take most of his classes in Little Rock at their satellite campus. Now though he has to take 30 hours on campus. Since we have no plans to move any time soon he has to take the intense one week courses. I'm really glad he's able to do this though because it should make his class load during the semester a lot lighter. He works so hard at work and with school that any break he can get is worth it. I'm so proud of all the work he puts in trying to get his degree. I can't wait until he finally gets it...and can move on to another one. Ha! Anyway, needless to say, I miss him and I want him home! I know this is something I'm going to have to get used to since there will be other days in the near future where we'll be apart. But just because I have to get used to it doesn't mean I need to like it. He's my best friend and I just like having him around!!

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I loved your resolution of saying "no" to certain things and food. Web and I need to do that more ;)!

Hopefully this week will go by fast so that you & Josh can have some qt together!

Katie said...

How sweet. Hang in there, love! Keep yourself busy so the days will go by quickly! That always works for me. ; )

I'm craving a Panera Greek salad! My treat! ; )

Melissa said...

Hang in there! I am sure it is really hard!!

Rebekah said...

I know how hard it is! I call myself a sports widow...since flint travels so much with the teams! Many times I have cried when he leaves the house or when I drop him off at the airport. Hang in there! Make good use of the time. I have found that I am more productive when Flint is out of town. When he is here, I want to hang out with him at night rather than do things around the house!