Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!

I used to dread Valentine's Day when I was single (except I always got pretty flowers from my dad). No one wants to be reminded of the love you DON'T HAVE. I would spend it with my single friends because there was comfort in numbers. (On that note, if you have single friends in your life, maybe today would be a good day to encourage them.) Now Valentine's Day doesn't bother me so much. I'll be honest, I don't get giddy or sappy about it because I love Josh every day but regardless it is still a sweet holiday. This will be our 5th Valentine's Day together. That's not really a lot if you think about it and yet I can't believe we've already had five together. Time flies when you're having fun. I told Josh to enjoy this year because next year he'll have two Valentine's.
Now is a good time to tell you some of the reasons I love Josh so much. First and most importantly he loves the Lord and challenges me all the time. He does sweet things like carry all my bags and he opens every single door. He starts my car when it is cold outside. He's very protective of me and I love that. It's not in a controlling way but it a loving way. He makes me laugh and he has a great sense of humor. He doesn't let me do everything I want and he isn't a pushover (or passive). He always lets me know he loves me and I never have to wonder. He does ALL the dishes. He is extremely good looking. :) He gives the best hugs. He is predictable yet he always surprises me. He is sensitive but strong and manly. He talks so lovingly about Sadie and he isn't afraid to show his excitement. I know he is going to be the best daddy.
For all of these things and so many more, I love you Josh! Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

So sweet! Happy Valentine's Day to y'all! : )

Lauren said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

Soooo sweet!!! Happy Valentine's Day to the both of you! You make a great couple!

Jenna said...

Happy Valentine's to one of the cutest couples in Arkansas (heck - the WORLD!). Hope you're having a great day. Love you girl and so thankful for you!

Odie Boggs said...

This is a sweet post! Glad you have a wonderful man to take care of you!!

Thanks for thinking us single girls! My friends and I refer to Valentines as National Single Awareness Day! :)

Love Sadie's new clothes!!

Odie

Www.boggsblogs.com