Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."
Luke 2:11

Merry Christmas everyone! I pray today your hearts are full with the true meaning of Christmas (and my heart as well). Born on this day was our Messiah, our Lord. May He touch our hearts this coming year like He never has before. And may we be reminded of His greatness in all things we say and do.

This is a very special Christmas for Josh and I. It's our first Christmas expecting a new baby. And our last Christmas just the two of us. Although she's not physically here yet she's definitely being celebrated. And everyone is excited about her arrival. Let's hope and pray she stays inside my "soccer ball" uterus (according to my phone ap) for 16 more weeks.

That's right, today I'm 24 weeks pregnant. Wow! I remember the Wednesday morning I woke Josh up to tell him "I think there are 2 pink lines". It has flown by and I know the next 16 weeks will go by even faster.



This isn't the best picture, a little blurry, (taken on my camera) but you get the idea.

At this point in pregnancy I'm still nauseous. That's right. Still. I'm thinking it will be here until she's born. - My feet are also starting to swell, and my fingers. Nice. -
I am starting to move a lot slower and I know it's just going to get worse. - The congestion...oh my word. I can't hardly breath at night. - Sadie moves a lot and I love it. Josh still hasn't been able to feel her but her kicks are strong enough so it should be soon. - I can now eat chick-fil-a but only at breakfast. Baby steps. - Everything really is going well though!

I'm starting to panic a little because I have nothing done for her nursery. I have ordered a crib and I'm ordering fabric on Monday. But that's it. I better get busy.

Right now at this moment I'm just so thankful to be pregnant. Even though I'm still sick, I swell, I'm congested all the time, etc I'm so very thankful!

What a wonderful Christmas this has been.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Missy Schranz said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Did you have a hard time conceiving? Merry Christmas to you and your husband. May you have a blessed 2011 with your baby girl. :0)
Please stop by my blog when you have a chance! http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Hillary you look GREAT! Love that shirt-is that maternity? If so, I need to know where you got it! Merry Christmas!! And I have a feeling that nausea is going to stop at Week 25! : )

Taylor said...

So glad we got to see y'all today!! And that I got to rub that sweet baby belly! Love you guys!

Megan said...

You look adorable!! I am so thankful for your friendship these past couple of months! Can't wait to go through motherhood together! :-)

Jennifer said...

You look SO cute!! Can you believe this time next year Sadie will be here for you to enjoy Christmas with her??

Hang in there with the sickness!! I was sick until 22 weeks with Brody and 27 weeks with Jillian. I know it's so miserable and so exhausting but I bet you are getting close to the end of it. :)