Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eggnog Cake

Last Friday while at my mom's I was able to experience another one of Paula Deen's recipes. My mom had just bought the Paula Deen's Christmas magazine (2010 Special Issue) and wanted to try the recipe for Eggnog Cake. It has a longer name in the magazine so I shortened it up. Mom and I both love eggnog. I used to not like it but now that I've gotten older I love it. This cake tasted so good to me. It was a lot like a spice cake with a touch of eggnog. I thought I'd share the recipe in case there are any other eggnog lovers out there (It's on page 98 of the magazine).



Eggnog Cake
1 (18.25 oz) box French vanilla cake mix
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/3 cups prepared eggnog
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Eggnog Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream****My mom used cream cheese instead. YUM!
1/4 cup prepared eggnog
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups confectioners' sugar

Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 in baking pan with non stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add eggnog, oil, and eggs; beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared pan, and bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. let cool completely on a wire rack.

Frosting: In a medium bowl, beat butter and marshmallow creme (or cream cheese) at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add eggnog and nutmeg beating until well combined. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.

Spread frosting over cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon to garnish (which we forgot to do).

I think I'd love to try this cake recipe as cupcakes or a layered cake. It's so festive and yummy!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Mmmmm...that sounds so good! Cake and cupcakes are my weakness. I like to make them, but really love to eat them. I am trying this for sure!

Grecia said...

How much cream cheese...one 8 oz bar? This sounds so good...but most everything Paula does is!! Thanks for sharing

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh my goodness, I want to try this! Bookmarking now! :) I hope you're feeling great :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I heart egg nog. So yummy! Merry Christmas.