Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!


After my post on Sunday I had planned on posting all week about everything I'm thankful for. Unfortunately sickness entered our home and blogging just wasn't a high priority.


I am very thankful this year.

Of course I am blessed so much to have a wonderful husband and a very supportive and loving family (who is NUTS over my daughter). This post in no way is to minimize how thankful I am for these people. I think it will come as no surprise, however, for you to read a post about what/who is so special to me this year.


2011 will always be the year I became a mommy.

Not only did I become a mommy I have the sweetest baby girl in the whole world.


I'm so thankful for God's provision of her and His protection over her. I do not take her for granted.

(This is the only picture I have of her in her "gobble" shirt so forgive the picture quality)

She has taught me so much over the last 7 months and I know there is much more to come.
Sadie, I am so very thankful for you!

Something else that is very special to me this year is my job.
Every year I'm thankful for employment because I know so many people want a job and don't have one. This year though, I'm especially thankful. I wanted so badly to be able to stay home with Sadie but knew we needed some income for health insurance. God took care of us big time. He provided the most wonderful job for me and I never have to be away from Sadie.
I love my job and even if Josh and I didn't need it I'm not sure I would give it up.
I'm so thankful for it.

Before I go I can't leave without saying how thankful I am for friendships. I've needed my "mommy support group" this year. I would be lost without them. It's also been so wonderful to be refreshed by friends who are at a completely different place in life.
Friends are important and I'm thankful for everyone of them. I haven't even met all my friends (thanks to Twitter and Blogland) but regardless I cherish them.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Such a sweet post..

Happy Thanksgiving, Hillary.. :)

Hester 5 said...

Sadie is sooooo cute!!!!!