Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Easter was a little different this year. Since Sadie is still so new there wasn't any way I was going to take her to church. I was sad not being there but at this point it is all about her. I didn't really want to sit at home all day so we headed to my parents.

Here she is in her Easter pjs that Jules got for her. They are still a little big but I think she's starting to fill her clothes out more. Her newborn clothes are actually fitting. Yea.

Here's her Easter basket. She didn't get much this year because she isn't going to know or care. She got a frog that Josh and I bought her several months ago, a carseat canopy, and a carseat toy.

When I was pregnant I found some really cute bunny ears that I knew she needed. Since she wouldn't get to wear an Easter dress this year I decided these would be her "outfit".
We tried to get some good pictures.

So sweet. I just love this little face.


Sadie loves to smile. She normally does it when she's asleep or feeding but now she's starting to do it randomly when she's awake. She's not really smiling at anything but it sure is nice to see.


We decided to put her in her basket since she's little. It was a tad awkward but it worked ok.


This one is probably my favorite.


Eventually she got tired of the photo shoot.


And then she got mad.


It was a strange day because it's not my normal but in the midst of all the newness in my life I don't ever want to forget Easter. Jesus has risen from the dead and for that we celebrate and give praise. Thank you, Lord, for the sacrifice of your only child. Something that hits home with me now more than ever.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

She is SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE that cute hat! Can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly’s Korner said...

She is so tiny and cute!!!! Love the bunny ears!

Faith said...

She is OH SO CUTE!!!

momto3 said...

She is adorable! Love the hat!

Katie said...

Love that you put her in the basket! So cute.

Diane said...

The bunny ears are the best. Glad you guys had a good Easter!

Ham Family said...

Hillary... CONGRATS! She is beautiful! I love keeping up with you guys on your blog, so keep the posts coming! Miss you lots!

Jill said...

How did I miss the Easter pics of her in the basket!?? So sweet.