Sunday, April 11, 2010

Way Behind!

I know...I'm so behind. There's a lot going on these days. The main issue I have with blogging is simply that I don't have the internet at home. That means if I want to blog I have to use my parent's computer. Which is fine except on my lunch breaks I've been trying to work out and after work I'm either running errands, sewing, cooking, or at church. After all of those things are done it's hard to find the time or desire to blog. But here I am today trying to catch up.


My first item of business is to let you know I finished one of my favorite sewing projects to date...my beach hat! Picture lightening isn't all that great so I apologize. This hat was a little tedious in some parts but overall it was fun to make. I told my mom and sister I'd make them one too. I better get busy.



A couple of weekends ago my friend Jenny and I headed to see Katie for the weekend. Such a fun time!


Got to spend some quality time with these ladies...


...some quality time with this little guy....

...and got to meet this little guy.

Since then Josh and I spent the weekend of Easter with my family but I didn't take any pictures. How sad is that?!?! And this past weekend Josh worked all weekend on church and seminary stuff while I shopped and started trying to get things together for my upcoming travels. I'm headed to Atlanta for the Beth Moore simulcast in a couple of weeks.

I'm super excited about the fun girls weekend! Going to be great hanging out with real life friends and blog friends. The best part though will be learning to so SAY SO LONG to those silly insecurities that plague us! Can't wait!

I'm also going to be traveling to The Big Apple in a few weeks for a long girl's weekend with my mom, sister, and friend Shannon. I can't wait for that trip either! I've been to NYC once before but I'm dying to go back. I've been trying to plan our trip and there is just so much to do and so little time. I'm welcoming any suggestions!

So there you have it! That's what's been going on. I'll try to do a better job about posting but as you can see the upcoming weeks are going to be a little busy. Until then...

11 comments:

Kristi said...

What I suggest for NYC is starting at one end and working your way to the other end. I was able to see all I wanted to see in two days just by doing it that way. Because if you don't do it like that you use soo much time catching the subway. Also, plan the most touristy things in the morning because there are less people.

Have Fun!! If you get a chance stop at the Charmin Bathroom in Times Square.

Sloan said...

that hat is adorable! where did you get the pattern?

Hillary said...

The hat is an Amy Butler pattern.

Amanda Ledford said...

I've missed your updates! Keep them coming a little more often. :-)
I am dying to go to NYC! Hopefully we can get there eventually. Have fun! Can't wait to meet you IRL in 2 weeks!

Faith said...

Your hat looks great!! Good job, girlfriend. It feels so good to complete a project, doesn't it?

So looking forward to meeting you soon!!

The Trendy Family said...

YOu have to go to Serenidipity!!! It is the best food and desserts.. it is from the movie with John Cusack... Love it and we go everytime I am up there...

Blaty said...

just a random reader! NYC tip I've been twice on limited time as well. My best suggestion is the double decker tour bus. They are good about hitting the high points and most have a flexible on/off stops on most routes. And remember if you get lost or confused grab a cab head back to your starting point and try again! And one last tip my dad gave me don't look up at the building on your side of the street! Dead give away you are tourist! Have fun!

Lauren said...

Girl, you got talent. Can I put my name on the list for a hat? Ha!!

Can't wait to meet you soon!!!

PS: At least you've been busy with fun stuff :)

Jill said...

I really wish I could sew...you make the cutest stuff!

Looking forward to ATL! Expect to talk about fashion this Sat - I have no clue what I'm going to wear!

Rebekah said...

I love the hat! Great job! I am seriously impressed! I am emailing you with some of my fav spots in NYC!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I am super impressed with your sewing skills...I love to sew too! Looking forward to meeting you this weekend, Hillary!