Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weekend Festivities

This weekend was my weekend to go visit Josh. When I go visit him I usually stay at the Davis' house. Don and Lou Nell are a sweet couple that go to Josh's church. I absolutely adore them.

They have a beautiful home, like a log cabin, out in the "country." It's so quiet and peaceful out there. I love it!



This is my bedroom while I'm there!
Josh and I decided to spend Friday night hanging out with them. The plan was for Lou Nell to make a "light supper" and we'd all watch a movie. When we sat down to eat the meal was delicious but it certainly wasn't "light." She made smothered steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls, and a buttermilk pie. Oh it was good!!

On Saturday morning Josh and I decided to go for a walk on a nature trail in Clarksville. After our dinner on Friday we both needed it.



After our walk we went to this great coffee shop in town, Joco Java. If any of you are in that part of the state you need to by.

This is my favorite, Cocomochanut!
Saturday afternoon we went to Russellville to shop around and eat dinner. Josh and I were looking for clothes to wear to his ordination service in a couple of weeks. I didn't find me anything but we found Josh a shirt and a couple of ties. After we exhausted ourselves we went and had dinner across the river at Savanah's. YUM-O!

Wal-mart was the next stop in our exciting night! After we did our shopping I had to go to the restroom before we headed back to Clarksville. When I got into the restroom I went into the only open stall there. To my surprise it was the "kiddie" toilet! First I laughed out loud, then I grabbed my camera so I could share my bathroom experience with the rest of you.

13 comments:

Kelly said...

All of those places you went looks so neat! But I am dying laughing that you took a picture in the bathroom!
You are crazy!!!!

ashleydiggs said...

I am laughing really hard at the bathroom picture as well! I'm pretty sure the last time I saw one of those was when I was in preschool

The Bunch Fam! said...

Hillary, you're killing us with the pictures...putting that camera to good use, though! The toilet is too much.

Megan said...

That log home is beautiful. And they look like a very sweet couple.

Jessica said...

Thr nature trail looks like fun! David and I love to hike and do those things. I am a girly-girl, but love to get out in nature too. Tat house looks like it popped out of a Normal Rockwell calendar! So quaint and perfect!

Fran said...

You are a hoot!! I've never seen that toilet except at our church in the nursery!

Your weekend looks like a slice of southern heaven! That cabin is PERFECT! Can I go???

Have a great week!
Blessings~
Fran

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The log cabin & "light" meal sound heavenly!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the comment! I am ALWAYS exctied to meet fellow "jenny" girls!

I know what you mean about getting tired of the food...Tell me more about the cookbook!!

I am going to add you to my links if you don't mind :)

Thanks again,
Kelly

walkers said...

i had a mochachino from common grounds today and thought of you:)

His Doorkeeper said...

The people you stayed with look sweet..you can always tell sweet Christian people! Their home is so neat! Sounds like you both had a wonderful time.
I love the little potty. We have one at church in the toddler room and I think it is so precious!

Brittney said...

You two are such an adorable couple! I love the bathroom picture! That made me laugh!

RachelM said...

What a cute cabin! How fun!
I love that you took a picture of the toilet!! I'm sure people in the bathroom thought you were crazy! SO FUNNY!
That picture of you and Josh at dinner is so good. You look gorgeous!

Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like such a fun time! Hilarious about the bathroom!