Thursday, October 28, 2010

Go Hogs, Beat the Bears

This post is almost a week late and I hardly have any pictures to share BUT I thought I'd share what I do have. Last weekend Josh and I along with my dad headed out of town for the Arkansas-Ole Miss game. I had told Josh earlier in the day that after the game on Saturday I wanted to stop at Dixie Cafe (I really wanted Cracker Barrel but Josh doesn't really like it for lunch or dinner) so I could get some home cookin'. I actually have been craving Thanksgiving dinner. Lucky for us when we were discussing options for dinner while on the road my dad suggests Dixie Cafe. Absolutely. I was thrilled with excitement. I was even more excited when I found out I could get this...

...Thanksgiving dinner. Yum! My craving was satisfied for sure. That's one thing about this pregnancy. Once I eat something I crave I usually don't need it again. Except maybe fried potatoes. I can see myself needing those again. Anyway...dinner was great then we were off to my sister's house to spend the night.
The next morning we all woke up bright and early. My mom went and got us donuts, she's a little love, and we ate breakfast then headed up the hill to the game.
The men were in the front which was fine with me. The weather most of the day was perfect. It was cool but not cold the warm but not hot. We all knew that would change be we enjoyed it for a while. The game itself had its highs and lows. We started out great, like usual, then we lost it a little, like usual. Lucky for us the Bears, I mean Rebels, whoever they are, didn't gain too much momentum while we were down and out. The end result was a Hog win by 2 touchdowns. It should have been at least 3 but it's a win so we'll take it. I should add here that Josh and I did not stay for the entire game. Once they came on the loud speaker and told us the "hail" would be arriving in about 10 minutes I told him it was time to leave. He was a little disappointed but he didn't put up a fight. Once we left the stadium they decided to clear it anyway so it worked out well. We had a little bit of a walk back to the car so I knew we needed to get started. God was good though because the SECOND and I mean second we got in the car the sky opened up. We had to walk in some rain but it wasn't bad. I'm so thankful we made it before it got crazy. It was slick on the walk back and I was scared to death of falling. We made it though and luckily the weather delay was long enough that we made it back to my sister's house to finish the game (with another weather delay too).


Here I am after I just shut the door. I didn't even bother taking off my poncho.

After the game was over Josh and I headed back towards Little Rock in this. It was kind of nasty at first. It ended up clearing off some which was nice. We stopped in Conway to meet some friends for dinner and I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE. What a bad blogger. I wish I would have because we don't get to see them very often and they have cute kids. Oh well. I will next time.
We ended up have a great rest of the weekend. We went to Panera on Sunday before church, I worked in the nursery, took a 2 hour nap, and later that evening heavy storms and tornadoes caused a power outage and we didn't end up having night church. All in all a great weekend!!!
P.S. This has nothing to do with my post but I wanted to share how excited I am that my friend Kelly is having another GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for sweet Hollis to get here! Thank you Lord for a healthy baby girl!


8 comments:

Diane said...

My parents went and got stuck in the rain, too. They left at the second rain delay. Glad you had a good time at the game!

Kelly said...

Why do your posts always make me so hungry!!!!!! ha!
I can't wait for next Thursday!!!

Jess :) said...

AMEN to a healthy baby Hollis!!! Praise the Lord, for He is good!!!

And, I must agree with Kelly. Your posts make me hungry, too, especially as I'm sitting at conferences (during my 5 minute break) wishing I was eating dinner!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ashley said...

I can't believe that weather! Yikes! Glad y'all didn't get poured on! And that Thanksgiving meal looks delicious. So now I need Thanksgiving dinner, and those fried potatoes. Yum.

The Ormons said...

O how I love Dixie Cafe. I use to eat there all the time when I lived in Memphis. And by the way I was so sad that the Bears.. well Rebels to me were beat.

B said...

The Bears...very funny :) As our administration continues to stress we are, and always will be, the Rebels...the Bear is an on-field mascot only! However, I think it's stupid and we don't need or want him...in fact, I voted that I didn't like any of the options. And the Hogs shouldn't have won by 3 touchdowns...maybe 1 - do you remember when the Bears, aka Rebels, fumbled on the 1 yd line?! And if we'd have remembered how to play the first half maybe we could have made it a little closer...I think the team was having an idenity crisis :)

And yay for healthy babies all around!! Can't wait to see if Hollis will have a best friend or boyfriend...

Jessica said...

So happy for you and your new little baby! : )

waikikimum said...

You look cute in your poncho lol!!!
Great to hear that baby Stamps is healthy and that Kelly will get to use all those super cute clothes again for Hollis.