Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Without Pictures

I didn't take a single picture this weekend. So. Bad. So I guess I'll use bullets. I really do like bullets.

  • Friday night Josh and I babysat a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. They were so cute. We had a good time with them. We were only concerned that the fire alarm might go off after the 5 year old turned on the heater and it smelled something awful. I should mention we were babysitting them in a hotel.
  • Part of the fun of Friday night was getting pizza from Pizza Hut. I LOVE Pizza Hut with the thick greasy bottom but we rarely get it. We got the kids a pizza and one for us and the lovely grandparents let us take home the leftovers. Oh happy day. I will mention that pizza is one thing I can eat ALL.THE.TIME during this pregnancy.
  • Saturday morning I slept until 8:30. Josh was so thankful. I usually wake him up at 7! We got to breakfast every Saturday and with a baby in my belly I have to eat soon after I wake up or I get very ill. I was nice enough to get our breakfast to go and let Josh sleep in. I stopped at Starbucks and tried their Toffee Mocha. Yum. It's like a breakfast dessert in a cup.
  • Saturday my mom and I went maternity clothes shopping. I know, I'm only 12 weeks and I shouldn't be wearing maternity clothes yet. Here's the deal, I was running short on clothes already. I had been wearing the same clothes each week. During the summer I wore dresses but once fall arrived I couldn't wear some of those anymore because they were too "summery". So since I needed clothes anyway I figured I might as well shop maternity. Besides, most all pregnancy women LOVE the bella band. I hate it. There's nothing I like about my zipper and/or button piercing me in the belly. And it always shows when I wear a thin shirt or something. Not to mention going to the bathroom is always a chore because you have to readjust it. So, I bought some maternity pants. I haven't worn them yet but I have a feeling they will be busted out very soon. They are so comfy that I can hardly wait to put them on.
  • Saturday evening Josh and I were supposed to go to a wedding of some family friends. I hate that I missed it but I was not feeling well at all. I took a nap instead and I was so glad I did.
  • Saturday night was the big Florida/Alabama game. I didn't make a big deal on blogs, twitter, or facebook who I was for but I really wanted Alabama to win in a big way. I have nothing against Florida but selfishly I wanted them to make us look better. Mission accomplished. Now you can win every game from here on out, Gators Sorry Florida friends. I still like you. :)
  • Sunday was church and then my mom and I went out for more shopping. I normally take a nap on Sundays but I was in desperate need of clothes and since we didn't find anything on Saturday I knew we had to go. I tried on so many clothes and sweated to death doing it. I got a few fun things but my favorite thing is a pair of maternity black skinny jeans. Love them.
  • After shopping I spent some time at my parent's house with my grandparents who are in town. I love that I've been able to see them some lately. After that it was off to church them home to sleep. I love sleep. Even though its interrupted with frequent bathroom trips.
  • Ahhhh.....a great, productive weekend.

I'm sorry to bore you with bullets but its all I've got for you right now. I had my 12 week doctors appointment so I'll post about that tomorrow. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I liked the bella band when I was pregnant with Brody but that is because I had not worn maternity pants at that point. Then after wearing maternity pants, I was no longer a bella band fan. I maybe wore it twice with Jillian. I'm with you and hate the bathroom and zipper issues. I also hate wondering if my crack is hanging out the back of my pants because I feel like I constantly had to pull up my pants.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Immeasurably More Mama said...

I'm glad you were happy with the outcome of the game...can't say I shared the same sentiment. :)

Donna said...

Sounds like a busy, fun, productive weekend!!

The Mama said...

Just found your blog and wanted first to say, Congrats! Also, you make some of the most adorable things I've seen. I'm due with my 5th girl in a few months and I would love to order some things. I see that you are busy, but feel free to email me with the accompanying email on how ordering from you works. Best of luck in your pregnancy!!

Lauren said...

Hillary, you just hurt my heart in a big big way!!! It’s still great to be a Florida Gator though!! And I still love ya :) Glad you had a great weekend!!

Cindy said...

I think if you have made it to 12 weeks you are doing well. I have multiple friends who said they were wearing maternity around 7 or 8 weeks.