Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fried Potatoes

Well for those of you who read my previous post you know that one of the foods I've been craving recently is fried potatoes. I have REALLY been wanting them. Wouldn't you know my sweet mother called me Monday afternoon and asked if Josh and I had plans for dinner. Luckily we didn't. She then went on to tell me she was going to "fry some potatoes" and my heart skipped a beat. She made several other yummy things as well. And she's even sweeter because she had a pan of them for us to eat for dinner and then a big bowl for me to take home. She's a keeper!

Here they are in all their glory! Potatoes, onions, and grease. Delicious. Yes, I should probably choose healthier things for the baby but I assure you the baby did a happy dance when I ate these. And I didn't eat all of them. My mom made me share with Josh or she threatened to split them up into two bowls. He's her favorite. Seriously. Anyway, thanks mom for the potatoes! I'll let you know when my next craving hits!

11 comments:

The Bunch Fam! said...

I'm definitely cooking some next week.

Jess :) said...

Those look SO good!! What a wonderful mom you have!!!! :)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh those look so good!!! How do you make them?

Jill said...

I want some!! Yummy. I haven't had fried potatoes in years!

Kelly’s Korner said...

I would give anything to have some of those RIGHT NOW!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh my goodness!! those. look. so. good!! yuuuuuummy! :-)

waikikimum said...

Mmmmm these look so good would you mind sharing how you make them? Oh and congrats on your baby. Love reading your blog. Kathy

Ham Family said...

Ooh... Yum-o! My Mom made "fried potatoes", but always in the same skillet as fried okra. Man... it's good being raised in the south, right?! ;)

Miss you, girl

Tricia Nae said...

YUM!! My mom used to make those all the time!! Now I'm craving them!! :)

Blenda Koder said...

Girl after my own heart!! I so love fried potatoes..was raised on them! I don't make them very often because of all of the grease...but love them SO much!

Missy Schranz said...

Hello! I'm so glad you are having a healthy baby. I stumbled upon your blog from Kelly's Korner and I just love your blog. I added it to my blog roll. Please come visit, I'd be thrilled!

http://missyschranz.blogspot.com