Thursday, October 21, 2010

Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies

Today a lady I work with (Sheila, who I'm trying to convince to start a blog) brought some yummy treats to help us celebrate a birthday in our office. She's told me about them before but I wasn't expecting them to be soooooooooooooo gooooooooooood!!

It's basically two red velvet cookies with homemade cream cheese icing in the middle. What in the world? It's a glorified double doozie. I inhaled this thing before there was even time to think about all the bad things I was eating.
See...I told you. It's all gone.
I asked her if they were easy and she said, "YES!" The hardest part, according to her, was the dough was really thick. That's when a nice stand-up mixer comes in handy. I asked her for the recipe so I could share them with you. I'm not sure where she got it and neither is she. So please don't think I'm stealing it. If I knew the source I'd give the source credit.
Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
  • Red Velvet Cake Mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 lb powdered sugar
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 8 oz cream cheese

    Mix the cake mix, eggs, and 1 stick of butter together. Spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

For the icing, mix the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and other stick of butter together.

After the cookies have cooled spoon icing in between two cookies. ENJOY!

How easy was that?? And so yummy. You could make them big or small. They'd be perfect for the holidays or perhaps a Razorback football tailgate. Whatever. If you decide to try them let me know what you think. I should warn you they are rich and not for the faint of heart. If you're not serious about desserts I suggest you leave these to the professionals.

9 comments:

Kaysie said...

Thank you so much for posting the recipe! Once I saw your pic on Twitter I couldn't stop thinking about these! I'll definitely be whipping up a batch for the holidays :)

Donna said...

I'm going to make some tomorrow!!! YUM!! Thankyou!!

KAL071203 said...

We call those "whoopie pies" in Pa dutch country. We also make them pumpkin, chocolate, chocolate with p.b. icicng and many other flavors. they're pretty famous here:)

Ashley said...

Um, yum.

Kelly said...

Thanks for making me fatter than I already am. ;-)

Jennifer said...

Wow, that looks like heaven on a napkin! I can't wait to make these!

Nancy said...

I just started reading your blog & I like it so much. That cookie looks SOOOO good.

The Anglin Family said...

UmmM yummo!!! Those look delish!! You always have the yummiest food on your blog;)
with this pregnancy, I've had kind of an aversion to sweets. But since the sickness is fading, it's getting better. Just made chocolate chip cookies. Our due dates are like a day apart. ;)

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

I'm totally making these this week!! looks yum! Whoopie Pies is what they look like, mix between a cookie and a cake texture sorta kinda? mmm!