Monday, October 25, 2010

15 Weeks

I don't plan on doing weekly pregnancy pictures with all the same stats. But I do want to post a few from time to time to to remember the process. Although I'm not sure I'll ever forget it. :)


Here I am at 15 weeks. The baby is the size of an avocado or about 4-5 inches.

  • This picture was taken before heading the Arkansas-Ole Miss game. I had just read that the baby can now hear my voice. What better way to break in the baby's ears than with some loud cheering for my favorite team?!?
  • Unfortunately I am still sick. I have to take a zofran every day. I stopped taking phenegran at night, although sometimes I need it, just to help "other systems" from having more problems than they already have.
  • In the last couple of weeks my gag reflex has kicked in big time. At the end of brushing my teeth, I gag. If I put anything in my mouth (pen, retainers, water bottles, etc) for any length of time, I gag. If I see something that makes me think of something gross, I gag. And of course if I smell something bad, I gag. It's really annoying because I do it at inappropriate times. It's real attractive.
  • I thought that after the first trimester you weren't supposed to get up in the middle of the night as often to go to the bathroom. Well apparently my bladder didn't get the memo. I still get up at least 2, usually 4 times a night. Makes for some nice sleep.
  • Chick-fil-A is still not on any of my menus. The thought of it makes me want to vomit. And that makes me want to cry. I miss it so much.
  • Luckily I DO NOT have an aversion to asiago cheese bagels from Panera. In fact I'm ashamed to admit I've eaten one 5 mornings out of the last 8.
  • Sweetarts are my lifeline. They really help the nausea. Thank you, Lord, for sweetarts!
  • I plan to buy a couple of exercise DVDs for pregnant women because I'm in desperate need of some exercising. Two words, back fat. GROSS!! I am interested in the Denise Austin one because it is made up of 20 minute workouts which seems to be more feasible right now. Do any of you have any suggestions?
  • I would really like some homemade chocolate chip cookies, some homemade fried potatoes, and some fried rice right now. I just can't get anyone to make them for me!
  • We have our 16 week appointment next week and a Baby Views appointment to try and determine the sex of the baby. I'm so excited but I'm very nervous. I just want a healthy baby. Fear is trying hard to take root in my heart right now but I'm praying against it.
  • Although there are lots of things that are crazy and unpleasant about being pregnant, I'm beyond thankful to endure all of it!! I'm blessed. And I pray that all of my friends, both in real life and on the blogs (and twitter) who long to be pregnant that God will give you the desires of your heart.

12 comments:

Whitney said...

You look great! Can't wait to know what you're having - and hope you feel better soon

Jill said...

You look great! I always love hearing what women crave while pregnant. I can hook you up with some chocolate chip cookies. :) I can't wait to hear that you're having a girl!! And I'm sorry to hear you're still sick...hope it goes away soon. I switched toothpaste while pregnant & it helped w/the gagging while brushing. Couldn't use Crest - had to use Colgate until after I had Amelia!

Brittany..Following my Bliss said...

Awww, this sounds so familiar! :)
My oldest is 17 now, time flies, but I also gagged at EVERYTHING... and sorry to say, it didn't stop until I delivered her. I also had an endless supply of sweet tarts!
I was sick EVERY DAY until delivery with my 3 girls, but with my boys, I think I was sick 2 days each, and I craved weird things with the boys. Tomatos(which I hated up until then) pickles, mustard, mayo, ketchup. I would eat pickles covered in ketchup and mustard! Sounds so nasty now!
Enjoy it though, it goes by too quickly! God Bless you!

Laurie said...

I love reading this! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I laughed when you reminded me that Emily said I looked like that snowman ornament. I had forgotten that.

The Rohman Family said...

Love pregnancy back fat. For some reason, mine stayed with me through the nursing process, too! Ha!

Kelly said...

Post as many pictures and stats as you can - you think you will never forget - but I promise you will. (Lack of sleep does it to you). I thought I would never forget anything in my pregnancy or with H as a baby - and if it wasn't for my blog - I wouldn't remember anything!
You look SO cute! Can't wait to see the bump in person!

Katie said...

Awww...hello baby Bazyk! And Hil. ; )

I'm thinking girl...or boy. Ha! I go either way depending on the day. But I am thinking girl now...

I wish I was there to make you some cookies. Love you.

Lauren said...

You look so great!!!! I agree with Kelly….. Preserve everything you can about this pregnancy. You don’t want to regret not (Ha, not that I’ve been pregnant before or anything, lol, but just thought that was good advice). Hope you get to feeling better and QUICK!!!!

Jen said...

We are due on the same date, and I have also been craving (and eating a lot of) Asiago bagels!! :) Fortunately, though, I am also eating tons of Chick-fil-A as well. Sorry you are not feeling better yet...maybe soon!!

Kendra said...

April 16th is an excellent due day. It's my birthday, too! Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope it goes quickly!

Tara G. said...

I liked the Jazzercise pregnancy DVD with real live pregnant ladies- and there is a post-preg one, too, that you can do with or without the baby.

Jen said...

You are SO cute!!!!