Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Friends Through It All

I try not to make every blog post these days about pregnancy. But the reality is, I'm pregnant, and there are some things I want to document for the sake of remembering. One of the best things about this pregnancy is that I've been able to share it with two of my best friends.


Here's Kelly at 17 weeks.


Here's Jenny at 12 weeks (she's almost 18 weeks now)

These two girls are two of my best friends and I'm so honored to be able to share this with them. They are both pregnant with their second child and their due dates are days apart. They have been the biggest help. Kelly and Jenny were actually the first to know I was pregnant. In fact they knew that I "might" be pregnant even before I took a test (or 5 tests). Because they've both been down this road before I have sent them countless texts and emails with "is this normal" questions. And because they are both 4 weeks ahead of me I get to see what I have to look forward to. To be honest I don't know what I'd do without them (and my friend Laurie who has had several phone conversations with me, sharing her own stories, to ease my fears). The thing that has stuck with me the most is something Jenny said. When I started sharing my symptoms early on she told me that pregnancy is like having aliens take over your body. Boy was she right!!! Anyway, I'm just so very thankful to have these girls around to give me advice. I certainly need it. God timed everything perfectly! He tends to do that!
So far we know that Jenny is having a boy. Kelly and I have yet to find out but it won't be long! I have my suspiscions but we will wait and see!
I should also add that I'm lucky to share this experience with a few Twitter/Blogger friends. It makes this whole process so much more fun!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

This post is just SO sweet! God's timing is just so wonderfully perfect!! :)

Kelly said...

You know this makes me SOOOOOO happy! I would have never thought 7 years ago we would get to be pg together!! God is good!

Laurie said...

That IS really cool!!!!

Jess :) said...

Such an AMAZING experience...and I'm so thrilled you get to share it with Kelly and Jenny. He truly has a plan for each one of us. Incredible! :)

Ashley said...

I love that you are pregnant with two of your best friends. That is so special! You are right-God has great timing! I love being pregnant with you, too bloggy friend! So much fun!

Fran said...

I am sooooo very happy for y'all. It's fun to follow your journey. I'm praying for ya friend!!!

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

I'm so happy to share with you as well! Fun that you are experiencing a pregnancy with 2 of your best friends! We'll have to share symptoms soon, haha!