Friday, October 15, 2010

Remembering Reese

August 13, 2009 Reese Catherine Rowe went to be with Jesus. I remember the day she was born and the day she went to Heaven just like it was yesterday. It was such a surreal time and I hope I never forget it. Reese will always be very special to me. Her amazing momma and one of my best friends, Katie, wanted to help us all honor her today. Today, October 15 is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. And to celebrate Reese, Katie, had t-shirts made for us to wear.


Here I am wearing mine. I'm so honored to be able to wear one of these to celebrate Reese's life.

Here's the front

Here's the back
I think about Reese all the time. And just so I never forget how special her little life was I keep her pictures on my bulletin board so I can see them every day.

(Sorry for the picture quality) I know it's important to Katie that we never forget her and I assure you I will not. I cannot. Through the past year the Lord has brought some healing to Katie and Jason through the new life of sweet Colson. And because I always want to remember God's faithfulness, I keep his pictures close too.

God is good. All the time. Even when we can't see His goodness. Thank you, Lord, for Colson.
And another way I want to honor Reese is this...I took my first baby bump picture in her t-shirt. I hadn't take one yet and when I realized I'd have a special occasion to take one I decided to wait. So here's my first official pregnancy picture.

I will be 14 weeks tomorrow
I should also mention that October 15 also happens to be Katie's birthday. So, Happy Birthday Friend. I'm so thankful to be able to remember Reese with you today. Love you.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Beautiful tribute to sweet Reese! Love this precious family!!! You look fabulous :)

Ashley said...

So sweet of you to remember her today! Your baby bump is great! You look awesome! : )

His Doorkeeper said...

Sweet post Hillary! I followed the story of Reese too and it made me so sad but so happy for Katie and her new son!

You look precious pregnant! We are so excited about you and Josh having your first baby! Major changes in store......!!!

The Rohman Family said...

Ran onto your blog from Katie's. Love your little baby bump :)

Jess :) said...

Such a SPECIAL day, indeed!! And your little baby bump is PRECIOUS!! Praying for you always

Perfectly Imperfect said...

What a beautiful tribute! Praying for your friend.

And you look fabulous!

Katie said...

Beautiful friend on a beautiful day. Love you so!

Fran said...

I absolutely adore your heart!! And you are just beautiful Hillary. You will be an amazing momma.

((Hugs))

Whitney said...

When Jenna, Melissa, and I went to lunch the other day I saw a man wearing that shirt.