Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday F.Y.I.

Ok, so I've heard a lot lately about dry shampoos. I've always wanted to try them. Those of you who know me know I do NOT like washing my hair. There was a glorious time in my life when I could go 5 days without washing. That's huge for someone with fine hair. I know some thick-haired ladies who can go weeks. Jealous. Now, however, I'm back to every other day and sometimes even that's a stretch. So sad. I thought about trying a dry shampoo for the "dirty" days to see if it helped. The only problem was that I wasn't interested in paying a TON of money to try something I wasn't sure if I'd like. Let me rephrase that. I'm not interesting in paying a TON of money for anything but I would be willing to spend more on something if I knew I'd like it and it would work.

One day I was in the shampoo aisle at Walmart. I'm not even sure why (maybe look for hair color or something) but my eyes just happened to land on this...


Ohhhhhhh, I could hardly take it I was so excited. It took all of 2 seconds to toss it in my cart. I waited until just the right day to give it a try. At first I was NOT impressed. My hair felt gross and I thought it looked dirtier than it did without it. I then read the directions and realized maybe I didn't do it right. I tried it again. The second attempt was much better. I was skeptical about how my hair would look at the end of the day but to my surprise it looked just fine. I'll be honest though, I'm not really a fan of the texture it makes my hair and I hate that it turns it ashy from the powder (you have to brush it out) but overall I'm pleased. The more I use it the better I get at applying it. I'm going to try it tomorrow on a REALLY dirty head of hair and see how it does. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, did you read Julee Turner's blog post about dry shanpoo... So informative and great!!! DS has been a lifesaver for me at times!!

Jill said...

You are so funny! There is no way I could go without washing my hair. A day at the most, but I'm usually an every day girl. My scalp itches if I don't wash it every day. Maybe I'll try a dry shampoo sometime!

amanda said...

Try Oscar Blandi from Sephora. It is the only dry shampoo I have ever been able to use. But I will admit it is worth every dime and lasts forever. I use it at least once a week!

Laurie said...

I wash my hair everyday and sometimes twice. You have to do that when you only have 50 hairs to work with. I used dry shampoo when I was in 6th grade and had the worlds worst case of chicken pox.

Kate Hollis said...

Try a DS called "Psssst". It's cheap and works well! I HATE blow drying my hair in the summer and Psssst is a life saver. You can usually find it at Walgreens and I even found it at Publix for 6.99. I've tried pricier stuff from Sephora and didn't like it as much as Pssssst. How many times can I type Psssst?