Tuesday, November 27, 2007

#1 Sprinkles

Over the next few weeks I've decided to share with you "A few of my favorite things!"



I guess I should start by mentioning that my favorite dessert is cake. I really like it in the form of cupcakes because I get one all to myself and don't have to share! My first experience at Sprinkles was a few years ago. The Hogs were playing USC in California so my friends, Shannon, Kelly, Scott and I decided we needed to go show our support (it was an embarrassing loss but we won't talk about that). As we were picking out what we wanted to do for that Friday afternoon I mentioned wanting to check out this cupcake bakery I had heard about along the way. I didn't receive any opposition with my suggestion so we mapped it out and headed that way. Let me just say we were NOT disappointed! Not only did we indulge ourselves that day but we went back the next as well!

I'm a huge fan! Since then the only other one I've eaten at is in Dallas. They were indeed delicious but still need some work to turn out like the originals. They have several locations around the country so I encourage you to stop in and try one. They have different flavors on different days so I suggest doing your research first. I've e-mailed multiple times asking if they would ship the cupcakes but they don't. You CAN, however, buy the cupcake mixes and prepare them at home! My friend Laura bought me some for my birthday this year! What a great gift! They only have select flavors in the pre-packaged mixes but I'm sure you can find one you like! They even have a few special ones for the holidays!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

They sell the mixes at William-Sonoma at the mall!!!! :-) I need to go buy some!
I love sprinkles and I loved sharing it with you!

His Doorkeeper said...

What a cute picture of you three stuffing your faces with cupcakes!! UMMMMM! I love cupcakes too because you can eat it without a fork or a plate!!

Fran said...

Oh how I wish I had some! There may not be a better dessert! :)

Megan said...

I've heard of these cupcakes. Guess I need to buy the mixes next time I'm in Williams-Sonoma.

Kelly said...

Yes - we do need some new pictures. I'm thinking a wedding would be great because I have pictures from 3 weddings with the same 4 girls displayed. :-) HINT!