Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birthday Party Round 1

When I arrived at work this morning I was greeted with some fun birthday flowers. Since I'm not going to work tomorrow on my actual birthday my friend, Sharon, brought me flowers today. They are so pretty! Very unique. They are called "Crazy Daisies" so I have a feeling I know why she chose them for me.




Here's one side of the bouquet.


Here's the other. They are so fun and I love them.


Every month at work we have a birthday lunch. After a while we realized the same people were planning all the meals so we decided to put together teams and everyone would rotate. Well today was the May birthday lunch and Team 3 was in charge.



Kathy, Kim (& Jacob, Kim's 24 week old baby), and Jeff


Team 3 did a fabulous job! I shared the fun with Michelle at work because her birthday is May 29th. Michelle and I put in a few suggestions as to what we'd like to have. And by suggestions I mean that we told them exactly what we wanted...and they delivered!



Pizza from Shotgun Dan's. Delicious!!!


It's so heavy and I'm so mad at myself for eating 2 pieces!! I was full after one and should have stopped. :( We also had a really yummy salad but I forgot to upload the photo. It was great too. And of course, for dessert,



Lemon Icebox Pie


I could seriously eat this entire pie. I just had one piece but I'm not sure I can go the whole day without another taste. I'm praying hard about it. It's just so light and perfect. Surely it has zero calories in it. If you've never had it all it is is




  • graham cracker crust


  • lemonade concentrate


  • can of sweetened condensed milk


  • and cool whip

You mix the ingredients together, pour in pie crust, and freeze until set. So easy and so good.


So far these birthday celebrations are off to a great start! Tomorrow Josh and I are taking the day off from work to hang out and celebrate my big 3-0. I will share our day of fun soon.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday a little early! I love those flowers. Pretty like you!

Jill said...

Your 30th is tomorrow!!? That is so exciting!!

That's sorta like the lemon icebox pie we make...one of my faves!

So how many points are in SD's pizza? I need some now that I read this. :)

Jenn said...

I can so relate to your craving the sweets! For the past few months our family has been trying to adjust our eating habits and the foods we eat. But sometimes you just crave a big 'ol piece of cake! :P

I found a recipe where you mix the cake mix with either a Sprite (yellow mix) or Coke (chocolate mix) and bake it! I have made two of the yellow versions and then topped it with Cool Whip! I even added some lemon extract and it was so good! From my measurements I calculated around 5 fat grams per piece. Would've been less but I went to a grocery store that didn't sell the fat free kind of Cool Whip.

You are so right about the self-control! We must have good self government and not let our bodies take over! :)

Faith said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope your 30th birthday is the best one yet!!

Lauren said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!! Special day for a special person. Hope you have a GREAT birthday!! :)

Fran said...

I'm glad you had such a happy birthday!!! Have a wonderful week!
You are a grown up now, so behave. Or not. ;)