Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Moved In

Well, we are finally moved into our "cozy" apartment. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the move. Some blogger I am. Just trust me, our new little place is small! Since that can seem negative I'm going to refer to it as cozy from now on. We still have several boxes to unpack but we're almost there. It's a challenge moving a lot of things into a little space. We've had to be very creative and sacrifice a few things...like a washer and dryer. I know, you think we're crazy. We knew we wouldn't have enough room for everything without some extra storage so we turned the laundry "closet" into a storage room for dishes, dishes, and more dishes. Don't forget I was married almost a year ago and received some GREAT gifts. They are just so overwhelming. Josh thinks they are out of control. Since we're storing them in the laundry closet, coat closet, outside balcony closet, study desk, and TV hutch maybe he's right. The only place we don't have dishes and/or serving pieces is our bedroom and bathroom...for now! Don't feel too sorry for us though since we gave up a washer and dryer. My parents have offered us to use there's any time so we're good. We do like our cozy place and know this is going to be an adventure and take some getting used to. We opted to not purchase cable since the goal of this move is to save money. That means it takes us 30 seconds to flip through all 6 of our channels. But honestly, at this point, we're thankful to have those channels. I will just come over to my parents when I need and HGTV or Food Network fix. In fact, I'm getting one right now. Also, you might want to know we don't have internet either. Craziness! That means blogging will be a challenge but I'll do my best to keep you updated. It's going to take some getting used to but it will all be worth it.

I will post pictures of our place when I get things put away and organized. Stay tuned...

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Girl, the sacrifices you are making now are so going to benefit you in the long run, and know you will make it a "cozy" home!!! :)

Alex and Lyndsey said...

Girl, I've read your blog for awhile but had to comment on this..just got married and we are doing the same thing. "Cozy" space, no internet or cable and man alive, it's tough but it is a GREAT reminder of all we have to be grateful for and enjoying simple things. Just had to let you know, someone out there understands:)--Lyndsey www.thisgrandlife.com

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, Glad you and Josh got your own "cozy" place. Trust me, you will look back someday and have such fond memories of this time in your life!

I'm old, of course, but grew up with only one or two channels on the TV!! I was just happy I could see the Mickey Mouse Club and American Bandstand!!

A more simple life might be good for people today with so much stress out there!

Taylor said...

Congrats on your own "cozy" place!! Can't wait to see pictures and I think it's awesome that you're both willing to make the sacrifices to have something great down the road!!

Miss and love ya!

TriciaNae said...

Yay for "cozy" places. I have one too!! Thanks for the sweet words...it means a lot to me! Looking forward to seeing pictures soon.

Katie said...

I want to call it your love nest. Is this ok? ; )

I can't wait to see pictures. I am proud of you. I know moving can be hard to do, and you've moved a lot these past few years!

Love you. Now go do some laundry.

Rebekah said...

Girl, I know you have that place packed tight with dishes!!! HA! You will be so glad you saved the money. Who looks back and is sorry they saved the money rather than watching HGTV or spending time on the internet?!?! It sounds cozy but I am sure it is super cute!!!

Candy Johnson said...

Oh, Hillary. This blog just cracks me up. From what I gather, you guys are doing the Dave Ramsey budget plan, and so are we. Let me just say that it is the second wisest decision you guys will make as a married couple (the first being to choose God to direct your marriage :) Kyle and I have done the DR budget for a few years, and being debt free is the GREATEST feeling. Don't you just feel bad for your friends with TONS of debt? I just wanted to say hello, and I am so happy for you. Keep budgeting! Kyle and I have had many, many $5 Sam's club date nights. They are some of my best memories. Hang in there, and congatulations on your first year of marriage. It just keeps getting better and better