Saturday, May 23, 2009

Prayers PLEASE!

UPDATE: I just returned from the hospital. Still WAITING!!!!!!!! The doctors are still waiting on test results and for the antibiotics. They will have some results in the next couple of days but it will take longer for others. They just really aren't sure about what all is going on. And the fact that it is a holiday weekend isn't helping those things along. She's in so much pain! PLEASE pray the LORD will take it away. And pray for her family. I was only there a short while and it broke my heart. They need God's strength right now in a big way. Good news is that Reese (the baby) is doing fine. I will update again when I know more. I'll be heading back to the hospital either tomorrow or Tuesday and will update then. Until then I don't plan on doing any "normal" posting until Katie is better. I will save my pictures and weekend post for later. Thanks for praying.
*********
UPDATE: Katie is moving rooms out of the ICU so that's a praise! Everyone is still waiting to find out how well the antibiotics deal with the infection. Her sister said they can feel the prayers so keep them coming!
Please pray for my friend, Katie.

She has meningitis encephalitis. You can go here to read more about it. Basically it is an infection in the brain, either bacterial or viral. She was air lifted from NWA to Little Rock to be treated. She is 26 weeks pregnant. After talking to her mom this morning I learned that because she is so far along Reese (that's her baby) will not be affected by the treatments. PRAISE THE LORD!!! Currently she is on antibiotics but we won't know anything for a few days. I am unable to go see her because only immediate family are allowed. Her mother is going to call and keep me updated as things change. Please pray for the antibiotics to do their job. And continue to pray for Reese. Katie's husband, parents, and in-laws are with her. I will go see her as soon as I am able.

Thanks in advance for your prayers!! God is good and I'm confident He'll take care of my friend!

11 comments:

Mrs. Shelton said...

I am praying!!!

Laurie said...

H-
I was so sorry to hear this last night. That is VERY scary, but yes, God is going to take care of them. I will continue to pray!!!

the osbornes said...

Hillary, thank you for posting this so we can be praying. We will pray like crazy!! Please update when you can

Amanda Ledford said...

I am praying for your friend and her baby.

Anonymous said...

I have been praying since I read about her on Shannon's blog this afternoon. I will keep praying.

Jenna said...

Praying!!

Leslie said...

i am a good friend of mandy's (katie's sister). thanks for the updates. praying hard!!

Michelle Hausz said...

I'm a friend of Mandy's. Thank you so much for the updates. Continuing to pray.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Praying for Katie....


Please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

Megan said...

I've been praying all night. Post an update when you can.

tam7777 said...

One thing I would like to say --Yes the doctor does have a report and that is a fact..We don't deny the facts. But God's word is the final say and he says by his stripes she is healed. Jesus bore are infirmities, sickness and disease. We never rise above our confessions. Make out a list of confessions to recite everyday, then stay true to those confessions. Never doubting or speaking unbelief. The greater one lives on the inside of you. Just always remember that. My prayers are with you and your family.