Thursday, June 5, 2008

House Update

Well, there really isn't much of an update. It has been on the market for 2 weeks now. Fortunately it has had some activity. If I had to guess I would probably say 7 or so showings. Unfortunately there have been no offers. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand the housing market is tough and two weeks is a short amount of time in a good market. I guess I'm just hoping and praying the LORD will sell it soon. My problem is that I'm starting to look to the future and WORRY. Of course that's a sin so it must be stopped. I'm just a planner and a controller and clearly this is out of my control. Please continue to pray for the perfect timing. I know it only takes one person and I'm praying that one person comes soon. If you would like to take a virtual tour of my house go here.

Update: One of my friends at work and I have been e-mailing this morning about a situation going on with her. She told me about a conversation she had with another friend. Without her realizing it God used that to encourage me and to put me in my place. She was talking about in Psalms how David wouldn't put his hope in a situation or a preferred outcome but put his HOPE IN THE LORD. I've been so consumed with hoping my house sells soon, hoping my house sells for the right price, hoping I get a job, hoping we find a place to live, hoping this and hoping that when really I just need to HOPE IN THE LORD. It really is that simple. I can't control any of it anyway but I most certainly can control WHO I trust. Today I choose to trust and hope in the LORD.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Your house is SOOO cute! I love all the color. Good luck, I will be praying for you to trust Him. It's hard not to worry I know!

Julie said...

It is wonderful how God uses other's circumstances to teach us!!!

God will work in a way that He will be glorified!

Jenna said...

Ok, that last part about hoping in the Lord is SO true.

I am with you--all the hoping in the other stuff has taken over my mind. And really all I have to do is hope in ONE thing (the best thing!) and the rest will fall into place. That's a GOOD WORD on a Wednesday morning. :) Thanks, Hillary!! Praying for you!

Kelly said...

Praying that it sells - BELIEVING that it will!!!!
And God has really been putting the word of TRUST in every direction for me. You can put your trust in HIm. When you reach the point where you can't do anything about your circumstances but allow him to be glorified - He will do it!

Shannon said...

I'm not in the market but I enjoyed the tour! I love all the colors. :)

Leigh Ann said...

Amen! You just blessed my heart by your update! I just know your house will sell!

Tonya said...

I think we all need that reminder, I know for me every day would be nice ;) God has the right time and price for your house to sell. But here's hoping to it being soon!

RachelM said...

Thank you for posting! I SOOOOO needed that! Our house has been on the market for a little over 4 months now and I get so WORRIED and STRESSED about it. You helped me sooooo much today!

Caroline said...

SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP


HOW ABOUT I JUST MOVE TO NWA AND BUY YOUR HOUSE CAUSE MY STUFF WOULD LOOK SO GOOD IN IT AND OH THAT DINING ROOM HAS MY NAME ALL OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

hey I just wanted to say that things always work out-even at the last minute. we moved back to LR from South Dakota in December we literally closed on the house the day we left down...talk about last minute and there was snow everywhere. i found out there was a lean on my house and the contractor had committed suicide. my lean was nothing compared to some that he left. it was crazy but everything worked out for us. We were definitely being taken care of. Just not exactly how we would have liked it to be. :-)
btw i am a friend of Suzanne we went to OBU together. i know all about the fruits...:-)

zellmerfud.blogspot.com

walkers said...

oh my your house is amazing. i wish it were in MY city:)God is so perfect in his timing.

Jennifer said...

Your house is so cute, and so well decorated!

BTW, how's your wedding website coming along??

Francine said...

I LOVE your house. All the colors are awesome... I pray it will sell quickly.
Hugs,
Francine

Laurie said...

It is in the Lord's hands! That is a comfort! He WILL take care of you!
H-You are on the labor call list!

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

I'll pray about this. I know it must be tough.

I'm one of your Siestas, getting to meet you in San Antonio in a couple of months. Just wanted to drop by to say hello!