Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday America

Yesterday was July 4th and the birthday of our great country. I love our country and am so thankful for freedom. I am also thankful I was able to spend some quality time with my family of 3 before we soon add a 4th!
Yesterday we took Sadie to a local splash park.




At first she was a tad intimidated by the shooting water so she stayed at the swings and the rope ladders.










A sweet park employee came around while we were there and gave out small American flags to all the kids. Sadie was obsessed with it and held it all day long.




She finally got brave and played in the water. She loved it!













After the splash park we came home for naps. Then we went to the grocery store so Josh could grill out hot dogs. We had a fancy meal straight from the store: hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon, and apple pie ala mode for dessert. I don't feel a bit guilty that it was all prepared and packaged by the great people at Kroger.
After our yummy dinner we let the little lady play outside in her princess pool. She loves that pool (post with pics to come) and asks to play in it every day.
We wanted to take Sadie to see the fireworks at the river but they don't shoot them off until late and she was sound asleep by 8:00pm. Josh and I watched them on tv and then caught some of them out our back window.
Our day wasn't anything spectacular but I had the best day with my two loves. Our lives are about to change in the coming days and I loved soaking up some fun with just us.
I should also apologize for the phone pictures. My computer is dead and on the list of priorities getting it fixed isn't at top. It ranks after new brakes for Josh's car, new brake switch for my car, AC for Josh's car, etc. It could be a while so phone posts will have to do!
And I promise to do a pregnancy update post tomorrow.

0 comments: