Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Year, A New Resolution

It is that time of year again. A new year is approaching so naturally there are a few resolutions, I mean goals, I mean objectives that I'd like to accomplish, I mean try.


Yes, I want to lose this nasty baby weight (and lazy weight) but that isn't a goal of the new year. It's just a goal. Period.


Yes, I want to get our finances back in order because I've been lazy since I gave birth but that isn't a new year's goal either.


Of course I want to be more organized and get rid of clutter but again this isn't a goal for the new year. It's just a goal and I always want to organize and de-clutter.


My resolution for this year is a little different.






(This printable was taken from here)


I am making it my goal to send out birthday cards to my family and friends. Smart phones, laptops, etc are taking over the world so I would like to help the post office by sending out some snail mail. I wish I had time and money to buy everyone a gift but I do not. Sending out a card is a small way to celebrate with people I care about.

What are some of your resolutions, goals, objectives?

8 comments:

Kyle and Darci said...

What a fun resolution! Your family and friends will love it! I love sending and recieving cards in the mail!

Happy New Year!

Jill said...

I love snail mail with all my heart. Great resolution!

Diane said...

I want to make time to send out more written notes. Texts and emails are wonderful, but there's just something about a hand written letter in this day and age that feels even more special.

Krystal said...

What a great idea!!!

Claire said...

What a lovely resolution! I'm a huge fan of snail mail.

I have 12 resolutions for next year (ambitious, moi?), and I'll be tracking them throughout the year :)

Cxx

Amy said...

i love your resolution (and ditto for me on all your "goals"...sigh).
i try my best to send out cards for bdays and special occasions. one of the things that helps me is to write them all out in my planner and then at the first of the year, i go through and make a list of everyone i need cards for. i go ahead and buy the cards, address them, (and sometimes put a stamp on them) and clip them to that particular month so that all i have to do is drop it in the mail when the time comes! good luck with your resolution!! :)

Cindy said...

Love this. Aaron and I were just talking about he we wanted to be more intentional with so many things in life. This was one of them!

All About the Armes' said...

I love this idea & have this same goal every year. Snail mail makes me smile :o)