Thursday, December 15, 2011

8 Months



December 13, 2011



Sadie, you are 8 months old. Life is passing by before my eyes. Before I know it you'll be graduating from high school.


You sure are changing. You are my pretty baby and I could look at your sweet face all day long.




You have quite the personality.


You smile and laugh all the time. Let's be honest, you do get fussy when you're tired or scared but most of the time you're very happy. You even crack yourself up.


You love when people sing to you. I for one am so glad you don't know I can't carry tune.


Here are a few other things going on with you this month...


You still love your jumperoo. At night you jump so hard and get so worked up you sweat like you've been to the gym. You could jump all night if I'd let you.


Your favorite toys are empty water bottles and you've recently really started playing with the empty diaper boxes. You love to move it around the floor. You also love anything that makes noise or things you can bang together. You are so proud of yourself when you can make noise.

You love to play on the floor but you still aren't crawling. You are very close though. You will "crawl" in your bed without realizing it. On the floor you scoot backwards and get on your knees but you can't get it all together. You'll get there and I'm not in any hurry for you to be mobile.


You don't have a tooth yet. Your pediatrician says the bottom two are ready to pop through but no such luck yet.


You "talk" all the time now. You still say "momma". At times I know you're saying it because you want me but sometimes you just say it because you like to talk. You still use "da, ga, and na". You have added "ba" sounds to your vocabulary. You can repeat "bye-bye". You are also getting better about waving at appropriate times.


You still take 4 bottles during the day although you are becoming less and less interested in them. Luckily you are now on cheaper formula and I am thrilled about that. You eat 3 meals a day of food and sometimes you snack. You are much better at feeding yourself puffs, crunchies, and yogurt melts. You've had bites of real food (bread, crackers, nutrigrain bars thanks to Mrs. Ria at school) and you've decided you love it!! You start licking your lips and opening your mouth.


I don't know your exact weight but I'm pretty sure it is between 19 and 20 pounds. You're still petite and that's ok with me!


You wear a size 3 diaper


Your clothing sizes are quite the variety. 3-6 and 6 month pants fit the best in length but most of your clothes are 6-9 months. You have several 12 month things that were bought so you could wear all season.


You're still a great sleeper although you've had your moments. You go to sleep around 7pm and get out of bed at 7am. You wake up around 6:30 most mornings but I don't get you out of bed until 7. Sometimes you'll make a peep at 5:30 but go back to sleep.


You take a short nap in the mornings and a 1.5-2.5 hour nap in the afternoon.


You still love going to school. You're engaging with the other kids more and it is fun to watch.


You love Sunday School and being in the nursery on Wednesday nights. You have the best time playing with all the toys.


Sadie, you are a blast. You learn something new every day and it is so much fun to watch. I'm so thankful I get to spend all my days with you. Your daddy and I adore you. We still look at each other in total shock that we have a baby. You are our baby and we couldn't love you more.

3 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Posts like this will be a treasured keepsake for her as she grows. So beautiful!!

Jill said...

She has changed so much. That pic of her sticking out her tongue made me giggle...she's so funny and cute!

Diane said...

Oh my goodness, she's so cute!