Hi blogging friends!! I know it has been over a week since I've blogged and I will do my best to be better about it. In fact, I have some pictures to post from my weekend so I will do that soon. Just wanted to stop in for a quick "hello" and to ask you a question. For all of you sewing enthusiasts I need your advice. I currently sew on a small, inexpensive machine. So far it has gotten the job done but I have run into a few snags along the way. I'm contemplating upgrading to a new machine and possibly one that also embroiders. I know a lot of those are OUTRAGEOUS and it would take me years to save for some of them. So...
- Should I get one that is less expensive just to try? I've seen some at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. They also have some cheaper, older models at some local sewing stores.
- And if so, what if it compromises the sewing part of the machine? I want it to be good at both.
- Should I upgrade to a better sewing machine and just wait on the embroidery part? I'm still a beginner and have lots to learn. Although the things I do make I'd like to embroider.
- Should I keep using the one I have and save money and get a good one (and by this I plan on getting one that is used, not new)?
- I've been looking and researching the Brother brand and the Husqvarna/Viking brand? Any others I should check out?
OK, I know I have more readers than the comments I usually get so PLEASE if you sew help me! I love sewing and I want to do lots of it so I can get better and better (my classes start back in Jan). I just want to make wise decisions before I spend what little money I have on a machine.