Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Recap

FRIDAY

Friday I was able to leave work early to head to Clarksville to help Josh finish packing. This was the weekend to move to Little Rock. He, along with my parents, decided it would best if he just lived with them until we get married. When I got to his apartment on Friday this is what I saw when he opened the door...

He knows me well! Flowers, cake, and a movie! Can't go wrong with any of that! After I got there we both finished packing him up and loading the car.

Then we headed to Little Rock. When we arrived Josh unloaded the cars and I put on my pajamas. I love being in my pjs and so I don't usually waste any time getting there. I had extra motivation because my dad was on his way home with dinner from one of my favorite places.

BLT Pizza

Cheeseburger Pizza--has mustard and pickles! Soooo good!!

After dinner we all gathered in "the red room" and went through the song list for the band to play at the wedding. My dad got on ITunes so he could hear each song to make sure its one we wanted. In his old age he doesn't see as well as he used to. He grabbed the first pair of glasses he could find. Turns out they are just his style.

When we finished with the music my parents went to bed and Josh and I went through his clothes so he could organize his new closet in his new room.

For the most part Josh was able to get settled into his new crib. He still has some things to get from his apartment but all should be moved by the end of this week. I'll post more on that later!

SATURDAY

On Saturday we organized more of Josh's things and then we were lazy. Well at least I was lazy. I hadn't felt well all week and it got worse on Saturday (more on this later in the post). Josh worked on his seminary homework and I took a nap, watched the hog b-ball game, took another nap, and that's about all.

Saturday night was really the main event of the day. We went with my parents to their friends Mark and Diane's house. Their daughter Jenny and her fiance Daniel were there too. They all hadn't been able to spend much time with Josh in the past and since we're getting married and moving to Little Rock it's definitely something we all wanted to do.



Mark and my dad decided earlier in the week they wanted to get the Jermain Taylor/Kelly Pavlik so that would be the perfect time to get together. Mark made some delicious steaks and sweet potato fries to get us energized for the fight!! And Jenny made a yummy and healthy dessert.

We had a great time! The food was delicious and the company couldn't be beat. Unfortunately Jermain would be beat...he lost. It was a much better fight this time than the last time. He didn't hand out on the ropes as much and he kept his gloves up. Too bad it wasn't enough to win! That's ok JT, we still love you!
****************
Health Update: Still no stones. I haven't been hurting so that's a good thing. Hope I didn't pass and flush them on accident. I did have to go to the doctor today for another issue. Aside: I haven't gone to the doctor in years and in the last two weeks I've gone 3 times. Anyway...I have been having some chest and upper back pains. I thought it had something to do with a cold I had earlier in the week. Apparently I have costochondritis. Nothing serious. He gave me a steroid shot and told me not lift anything over 15 pounds, raise my arms above my chest, or work out for at least 2 weeks. That's great and all except I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks already and I have a wedding to get ready for! Oh well! It's the doctors orders!!

15 comments:

Megan said...

I love Larry's pizza, especially their Taco pizza! Is that dvd, No Reservations good?

Kelly said...

That pizza looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOo good! Oh my gosh!
Your dad is so cute.
Your parent's friends' house - SO cute!
I hope you feel better soon!!!!! You are SKINNY! Don't be worrying about that!

Leigh Ann said...

I think that is so sweet that Josh is living with your parents. We love Larry's, too. Haven't been in a long time, and those pictures make me want to go NOW! Glad you are feeling somewhat better with the stone issue, but sorry about the other. Hope you are 100% soon.

RachelM said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!
I think we have a Larry's Pizza in NWA now, but I've never been there. I'll have to try it out!

Laurie said...

That is neat that Josh is going to live with your parents! I love their house! and...I love the friends house! Looks like a fun weekend.

Kelly said...

I just read what Rachel wrote - we have a Larry's here??? Where? Is is in f'ville? Because I will drive there next weekend!

Hillary said...

Yes! Larry's is in Fayetteville in the new shopping center on Joyce (next to Party City, McAlisters, kind of across from the Wal-Mart). There's a new Cold Stone in there too and its where IO Metro moved. You should go!!!!!!

Caroline said...

YOU HAD SUCH A GREAT WEEKEND!!!! I love your parents house and the colors on the wall are wonderful!!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The pizza and the dinner both look amazing!

And you shouldn't worry about a thing...you're tiny!

Jessica said...

Mark and Diane's house is so pretty and cozy. Okay.. we went to Coldstone this weekend, but have not been to Larrys. I know where it is, so I may have to stop in there! : )

Staci said...

What a fun night! I love getting together with old friends. Hope you get to feeling better :)

Fran said...

Hey Hillary...
I hope you can get those dang stones out soon. Its beginning to hurt me.....

the weekend looked busy and full despite not feeling well. And...how does the bank not get off for President's Day?? Every one of them here was closed?!

Take care of your sweet self. You have a lot going on.
Hugs~
Fran

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Usually the pizza will hypnotize this girl here...but your kitchen, wow!

What is it about you southern people? Your kitchens are all gorgeous!

Blessings, Joanne

The Hickmans said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend! That pic of your dad is adorable. :)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! The pizza looks yummy too!

Was the movie good? I wanted to rent it but it's been out all week!