Since Josh and I got engaged on January 14th we've been busy getting all of the details for the big day worked out. We still have lots to do but we're finally making some progress. My mom and dad have been a big help in all of this craziness. In fact I think they've done more than I have. I should also mention that my dad's assistant, Laura, has also been a HUGE help. She will also be serving as our coordinator on the day of the wedding to make sure things get done and run smoothly. She's done a great job so far!! Here's kind of where I'm at with the planning.
- Wedding Date
- Ceremony Musician
- Save the Date cards
- Guest list (Josh has done a great job of getting his addresses)
- Rehearsal Dinner location
In the works:
- Cake (meeting with a lady soon to discuss ideas and have a taste test-YUM!)
- Dress (I think I've found "the one")
- Bridesmaid dresses (this has been a challenge)
- Song list for the band
Next on the list:
- Finish getting all our addresses
- Send out Save the Date cards
- Wedding website
- Flowers and Decorations**
Obviously there are a lot of others things that need to be done but since we still have 7 months and 8 days I can do some of those other things later on.
**I am trying to avoid using flowers on the tables at the reception and using very few flowers at the ceremony. I know flowers cost a lot of money and I'd much rather spend the money in other places. If any of you have ideas for centerpieces please let me know. I've seen a few things I like but I would definitely love to here thoughts from any of you!