Thursday, February 14, 2008

Home Remedy

Update: Good news and bad news...the good news is I haven't felt much pain lately but the bad news is I still have 2 stones, that I know of! I mean I'm sure one could have gotten away from me but I highly doubt it. Thanks again for all your prayers! I'll keep you updated!

Last night was not at all a typical Wednesday night. Normally I would be going to my Beth Moore bible study at church and Josh would be delivering a message and hanging out with some crazy teenagers. Instead I was at home drinking gallons of water and Josh was on his way to hang out with me.

When he arrived he looked like this...



And I looked like this.

Ha! Quite the unmatched pair. I didn't care though I still thought we needed to go get a few things at the store for a kidney stone home remedy. My friend Shannon called and said a man at our church took this remedy and passed his stone in a hour! Woohoo! Sign me up! It consists of olive oil and lemon juice. I researched it on the internet and found the same kind of information. Drinking this will help you pass a stone in less that 24 hours. As soon as Josh arrived we got in the car and headed out for some lemon juice. I already had the olive oil in my cabinet. I was excited about the thought of passing the stones without surgery but was not excited about drinking this...

It kept separating so I tried to stir before I chugged it.


I just had to hurry and go for it.

At first it wasn't bad. Just felt a little weird. Then the lemon juice hit. I chased it with a bottle of water but it didn't help that much. My mouth still felt like oil.

After a while it didn't seem to bother me anymore but then right before bed I started getting really queezy. Josh set me up a "barf" bag next to my bed in case I needed it. Fortuntely I didn't need it but unfortunately as of now still no stone. Oh well! I'll just keep waiting and praying. Thanks to all of you for your prayers! I REALLY appreciate them!

P.S. Isn't Josh a cutie??????

20 comments:

Kelly said...

Whooo whoooo ......Josh looks so handsome! You are a lucky girl!
That drink is what I marinate my chicken in most nights. Love the taste - but not necessarily as a drink!
Hope it works soon!!!!!

Staci said...

Ewwww...you're a trooper to drink that concoction! I hope it works!

Leigh Ann said...

Yes he is a cutie! I'm sorry it didn't work, but maybe it will take a little longer than 24 hours? I hope it happens soon with no surgery!

Shannon said...

Josh looks very GQ in this picture! Sorry it hasn't worked yet, hopefully it will very soon!

Mrs. Shelton said...

Yuck! You poor thing! I wondered if I had a kidney infection yesterday. I still have pains in my lower right back. Hmmmm. I will pray for your stone to pass - soon!

Julie said...

The comparison of the two of you is cute. I remember our first valentines day when Bryan and I were seniors in high school. He came over in a nice shirt and jeans to visit with me and give me a locket. I wore old sweatpants and a t shirt. :)

I can't wait to check your blog to find you are feeling better!

Megan said...

Yes, Josh is a QT! I love a man in a suit and one that takes care of his woman. Hope you're better today.

Caroline said...

YUCK YUCK on the drink. way to just get after it and take it like Wonderwoman!!!! Bless you heart

The Hickmans said...

I hope it works and you pass the stone soon. You're in my prayers!

His Doorkeeper said...

Yes he is and a real sweetie too!

Fran said...

Please tell me the stone is gone!!
Its Friday night and we need to be "stone-less!"

Love you~
Fran

Jennifer said...

So I'm curious, did it finally work? I pray it did. :o)

Meredith said...

Yuck! I hope it helps after you drank it.

Laurie said...

You are so brave to drink that mess. Josh IS very handsome! I am so sorry about your stones. I will be praying.

The Bunch Fam! said...

Oh Hill, I feel your pain! I have never heard that before about the olive oil and lemon juice. Yuck! I'm proud of you for getting that down. What do the doctors say? Will you have to have surgery? If so, trust me it's not bad. If I can live through it, you can too. I will be praying those silly stones pass on their own.

Melissa said...

Have you not bawled your eyes out reading The Penny??? It was such a great book! I cried the entire time, and i'm definitely not an emotional person haha

Jessica said...

I am laughing so hard at you in those pictures!!! You are so cute! I hate that you are having to deal with this, but I hope it goes away soon. Bless your heart.

Jessica said...

P.S.- I met Kelly tonight at Mimis Cafe!! Ahhhh!!!! I died! I totally hugged her like a stalker! She is so pretty and sweet! : )

Melissa Stover said...

oh you poor thing. i would have thrown up. i sure hope it works.

i love the contrasting pictures of the two of you.

i notice your razorback shirt. we're hog fans too.

magnoliabelle said...

You poor thing....Been there done that! "The Stones" are no fun. I hope they pass smoothly and quickly!