Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On a Mission

This is my friend Shannon.

A couple of weeks ago one she sent me a text telling me she has an opportunity to go on a mission trip. I can't give specific details about the trip but trust me its an amazing trip. She learned about the possibility of her going last minute so she struggled with whether or not she could go. Could she get the days off from work? Could she afford it? Luckily God doesn't do anything "last minute". She has been granted time off from work and now she is working hard to raise money.
My cousin Joyce learned of her mission trip and offered to help her. She is letting Shannon host a Thirty One party where some of the proceeds will go directly towards her mission trip. How wonderful is that?!?! If you aren't familiar with Thirty One now would be a good time to change that. It's an amazing company and has GREAT products.
Here's where you all come in. All you have to do is go here ,click on Events, then click on Shannon Newman, and start shopping. You only have until 3/29/12 so don't wait. They have SO many great items right now which would be perfect for summer vacations, family pool time, etc. I have my eye on a few things myself. If you need a gift for someone why not buy from this site and also help Shannon and her mission trip?!? We are not all called to go on trips around the world but if you're a Christian you are called to missions.

"19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”Matthew 28:19-20

For some this is going on the trips, for others it is being a financial supporter, and for all of us it is the call to prayer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 comments: