Tuesday, February 28, 2012

10 Months


February 13, 2012


Sadie, you are 10 months old! You made it to the double digits. Whoa! I feel like this really makes you grown up. As always I can't believe you are already 10 months old. You have grown up and changed so much.
You look like such a little girl now and not as much like a baby. You have done so many big girl things the last several weeks. I'm not sure I'm ready for a big girl.
Here is what's going on with you these days...
*you weigh 22 pounds and I'm not sure how tall you are*
*you wear size 12 month clothes and a size 4 diaper*
*you get 4 bottles a day and drink a total of 20-24 oz of formula*
*you get 3 meals of table food a day*
*you eat almost anything I give you but your favorites are cheese, blueberries, tomatoes, and anything sweet*
*you don't eat a lot at one meal because you are SO SLOW and because your teachers at school give you too many goldfish :)*
*you are finally starting to like your sippy cup. You only get water in it but you still think it is great*
*you go to bed around 7:00 pm and wake up around 7:00 am*
*you normally take two naps a day but on school days you might just take 1*
* you LOVE your babies. I mean LOVE them. You squeal with excitement and scoot around in circles when you get to play with them*
*your other favorite toys right now include your kitchen, your books, anything you aren't supposed to have, and whatever makes noise*
*you love to get in the jeep at Big D and Jules' house. You go straight to the mirrors and laugh and smile at how pretty you are. Nothing makes your face light up more than for you to see yourself in the mirror or to see a picture of yourself*
*you are all over the place. We have to shut all the doors and barricade you from the kitchen. You are starting to crawl pretty fast although you would rather try and stand. You're starting to cruise and stand up a little on your own. You pull up on everything and I mean everything.*
*you talk all the time. From the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed you are talking. I wish I knew exactly what you were talking about*
*you say, momma, dada, hi, bye, baby, pretty baby, Olivia (pronounced o-ia), yum yum (when you are hungry), you've said "big dog" a couple of times but it isn't consistent yet.*
*you clap, wave, and blow kisses constantly*
*you have started to snuggle a lot more and that makes me so happy*
*you still love being in your crib. I have to put you down for naps and bedtime early because you play for at least 15-20 minutes. When you wake up you never fuss. You just start playing and talking to your babies.*
*you love to sleep with your blankie, your bunny, your frog, and your soft book*
*it is a nightmare to change your diaper or your clothes. you do not like to sit still*
*you are a bit dramatic and I've seen many signs of big fits*
*you do not like riding in the cart at Walmart, Target, etc. If you can't sit forward facing to see everyone you prefer I hold you. This gets old because you are getting heavy*
*you do not like keeping your bow in and this makes me very upset. You get in trouble for taking it out but you do it anyway. We'll be working on this until you learn to leave them alone or until I have to glue them in. :)*
Sadie, you truly are the sweetest baby. People tell us all the time how happy and how pretty you are. Everyone seems to always comment on your big smile and blue eyes. When we are out you smile at everyone you see. You only fuss if you are tired or you don't feel well. You entertain yourself so well and are easy going. When you go to bed at night I look at the monitor and go and on to your daddy about how cute you are. I can't help it. I'm in love! You're my favorite baby in the whole world. My greatest joy in life is being your mommy.
Your daddy and I love you so much!




6 comments:

Faith said...

What a precious post about your sweet girl! She is just the cutest and I loved reading what she's up to now. I hope that whenever I have babies they sleep as good as Sadie does! Happy 10 months, Sadie!!

Lindsay said...

She is so darn cute!! I love all her bright clothes in her pictures. Adorable!

Laurie said...

She is so cute!!!

Ashley said...

My favorite baby girl!! I love her! I didn't know she didn't like to ride in the cart. You're going to have very toned arms if she keeps that up!

Maydelin said...

she is sooo cute!!!!

Amy said...

she is so precious! and she looks so grown up this month!! plus, i think she looks a lot like you! :)