Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finished Projects

Ok, so I admit it, I'm terrible about getting almost finished with things and then leaving them. The problem is I DO NOT like slip stitching by hand. If my machine can't do it then it shouldn't be done. That's how I feel about it. Unfortunately, most things will need a few hand stitches to complete them.


This past week I finished up two projects.


A long time ago, before we were even talking about having a baby I made these in my sewing class.



I finished them so that Sadie Lady could wear them. She actually wore them on Thursday then had a diaper blow out first thing and had to change clothes. I was sad.


Another project that has been almost finished is Sadie's bedding. I feel awful that it took me almost 4 months after she arrived to get it done and put in her crib. She slept in our room for 5 weeks so it wasn't that bad. The thing that makes it so bad was all I had to do was add some velcro to the skirt and slip stitch the bumpers. Probably an hour and a half worth of work. That's all.

Oh well, at least it is finished now.

I'm still working on a wall in Sadie's nursery so I won't show you the entire room but I will show you the bedding.


I posted the fabric swatches here. I ended up adding a polka dot fabric that went with the others.
And of course, like always, the lighting makes it hard to tell the true colors but it is called "candy pink" if that helps. :) Also, please ignore the bows. The fabric is so stiff. I'm going to re-tie them and try and make them look much prettier.



The painting Caroline did for Sadie looks SO GOOD above the crib. It makes me smile every time I see it. It totally makes the room. It's by far the focal point. I'm trying to make sure the other wall is more neutral and toned down so that it doesn't take anything away from the painting. I LOVE it so much.





I should have fluffed it a little before the pictures but I didn't. Sorry.

I wanted all pink and white bedding so I could accent with other colors. I love how her room is turning out. It is almost complete. Sadie really likes being in her room and that makes me very happy.


I will share the rest of the nursery in a couple weeks when I get the other wall decorated.


Ok, so I still have a few more projects to complete. I have a bedroom pillow to stuff and stitch and a bubble to smock for Sadie. I better get busy.

6 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Sadie's room is so very pretty and those shoes are beyond precious! Congrats on finishing some projects!

Superchikk said...

I love it! It all looks great! And if it makes you feel any better, I don't think I ever finished Caedmon's nursery. I meant to, it just never happened. And then I blinked and it was time to change it to a "big boy" room. So I made sure it happened then. He had no idea, so that makes it ok, right? ;)

Joii C. said...

Looove the little shoes!!!!

Ashley said...

Girl, that bedding looks SOOOOO good. You are talented! I absolutely love, love, love it! So girly and sweet! And Caroline's picture really is great. I can't wait to see her in that smocked bubble. I'll fly there just to munch her legs!

Anonymous said...

Love the bedding! I'm so amazed you made it yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Impressive sewing job!