Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend in Pictures

Friday Highlight




Josh waxing his eyebrows (before they grow together)

Saturday Highlights


Coffee and Cereal



Photo Op before wedding reception



Three flavors of wedding cake. We tasted all three.


Sunday Highlights

Old Timey Sunday Celebration


A cake walk that I was unable to participate in :(

Part of church staff
Sunday evening was also my family birthday celebration. I opened presents and ate a lot of food!

One of my favorite presents: a cupcake holder

One of the outfits my parents got me.
I got some other good gifts but didn't want to bore you by picturing them all. I will picture some delicious parts of our meal. My mom outdid herself with the help of Paula Deen.
Fried Okra Salad (EXCELLENT!!)

1 1/2 pounds breaded frozen okra
Vegetable oil for frying
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 bunch green onions, diced
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
Fry okra in vegetable oil according to package directions, drain on paper towels.
In a medium bowl, combine okra, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, and bacon.
In a small saucepan, combine oil, sugar, and vinegar. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently. until sugar dissolves. Pour gently over okra mixture, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.

Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake


1 (18.25 oz) pkg strawberry cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 large eggs, divided
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (16oz) box powdered sugar
3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, strawberries
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until combined. Stir in strawberries. Spoon mixture over cake mixture; bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely; cut into squares to serve. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries.
I know this was a random post but it was a long weekend, with a lot going on, and not a lot of time to write about it. Hope you all had a great weekend too!

18 comments:

Julie said...

I love the new dress and I love the picture before the wedding reception.

Will that cupcake holder hold those marvelous looking cupcakes you've had pictured on here before? :)

Melissa said...

Cute new outfit! Love the cupcake holder, great present for you. Looks like you had a great weekend.

Kelly said...

I don't even know where to start on this.
1. Did Josh cut his hair real short? I like it.
2. I love that dress you wore to the wedding - ya'll look so pretty!!!
3. Love the cupcake holder.
4. Fried okra salad. CHeck. I'll be making that soon.
5. Strawberry ooey gooey cake - yes! There is not a ooey gooey cake I've met that I didn't like and that one is calling my name.
6. Loving the church party - I want a snow cone!

Heather said...

Oh, that cake looks amazing! I, too, love the dress you wore to the wedding. I'm glad you had a great weekend and a wonderful birthday!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I LOVE THE CUPCAKE HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!

magnoliabelle said...

Oooey gooey cake! I haven't had that in ages! I'll have to make it after I've come down off of my current sugar high...

Laurie said...

I loved all the pictures. I love the picture of you and Josh before the reception! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jenna said...

How many awesome things can one post hold?? Cute clothes, a cupcake holder, fried okra salad, the list goes on. :)

Loved all the pictures, and Happy Birthday!!!

Leigh Ann said...

I love that Josh let you post his eyebrow waxing. That made me laugh! Happy Birthday. Cute cupcake holder and cute dress! And, that's a great pic of you and Josh at the wedding! Looks like a great long weekend.

Fran said...

First of all...Happy belated birthday!! I hope it was everything and more!

And...I want to comment on all those pictures but won't. :)

Thanks for sharing it all...it looks like it was a perfect weekend.

Hugs~
Fran

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I hope you had a fabulous day! :)

Caroline said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK SO YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN THE BLACK DRESS!!!!! and i am laughing at him waxing the eyebrows but oh so glad he did....i have some guy friends that need to do the SAME!!!!!!


you are so cute in your birthday dress and glasses and oh i see those green shoes!!! i need the shoes!!!! so cute

Staci said...

Thanks for Okra salda recipe! Can't wait to try that one. You're so stylin' in the glasses and apron :)

Alyce said...

yummm...the strawberry gooey butter cake looks so good. I've been looking at it in the magazine too. I am a fan of Paula Deen myself.
Your dress was too cute!
Alyce

Maranda said...

I had found your blog a few days ago and thought I recognized Holly in one of your pictures! It's crazy what a small world we live in...I have to ask, is your fiance Josh Bayzk? He's around my age and went to Lamar the same time I went to Clarksville.

Maranda said...

I graduated from Clarksville in 2000...I thought Josh looked familiar! I'm going to link your blog, too so I can show Stephen.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh my gosh! That fried okra salad & the gooey cake! I might just faint!

MakeLifeDelicious.com said...

That strawberry cake sounds delicious! I look forward to giving it a try...I'm sure it won't disappoint! Thanks for sharing!!