Well although it seems like there's been a lull in the wedding planning I assure you there hasn't. We were able to accomplish a lot of the big things right away and since then have been working on the details. Although I don't want to share ALL my details (still want an element of surprise on the big day) I will share a few!
A couple weekends ago my mom's friend (and the person that decorated her home) Cynthia came over to my parents house to helps us brainstorm.
- Next weekend we are going back to the wedding site to take more pictures and make sure we get a good visual for how things are going to play out.
- We're also meeting with the person make our "cake." She's going to bring us some samples of things to try and to look at.
- Getting the menu set for the reception.
- Meeting with the person we hope to make the bouquets, etc.
- Right now the save-the-date cards are being completed. I hope to mail those out next week at the latest. Thanks to my dad's assistant Laura for all her help with those! She's been awesome!
- My parents went and listened to the band that is playing at our reception last week. They were great! I'm really excited! You can listen to them here.
- We are going to listen to the person providing the music for the ceremony this weekend.
- My bridesmaids are deciding which neckline they want and we are ordering those early next month. Which, by the way, in case you didn't know I have 7 bridesmaids
- And of course, me trying to lose weight and shape up! Not easy to do when I keep going back to the doctor and hearing them tell me not to work out. Are you kidding people?!?!