Sunday, March 30, 2008

4 Girls and a Boy

This weekend was a little different than most other weekends. For the first time in a LONG time I wasn't able to spend it with Josh. He took his youth on a mission trip to New Orleans and wouldn't be back until late on Saturday. I was sad I wasn't going to get to see him but decided I wanted to make the most of it. I was able to spend some quality time with 4 girls and a boy!


Friday after work Holly and I headed to the Promenade in Rogers for a little shopping. We went in several stores but barely bought a thing. I did get a cute dress at Forever 21. Holly actually picked it out for me and I love it!

We paused our shopping for a bit so we could make our 6:30 reservation at P.F. Chang's for dinner. It's a good thing we made a reservation. When we got there it was a 75 minute wait. Lucky for us we were able to walk right in. My friend Shannon joined us for dinner. This was great because she had never been to the Promenade or P.F. Chang's. I'm so glad we were able to experience it with her.

As you know I LOVE dessert and can't go without it. OK, so I probably could go without it but I would rather not. Fortunately for us they have mini desserts for only $2. So we ordered 5 to share!



Sounds like a lot but we didn't have a problem taking care of them! They were all delicious. And a perfect end to a perfect meal!

After dinner we went in Williams Sonoma to browse around. This was Shannon's first time in a WS and again we were glad to share it with her. It was a great way to end a great day!

Saturday proved to be just as fun and just as delicious. I woke up to storms and heavy rain. Holly and I were going to make breakfast but then decided we wanted to continue our eating fest from the night before and go eat breakfast at Bizy's. This is Shannon's parents restaurant so we called her to join us.

Oh my...it did not disappoint! I ordered chocolate chip pancakes and their homestyle potatoes (make fresh not frozen). They were both sooooooooooooooo good!

After breakfast we went to our new gym. You see, Shannon and I have been working out (I took a break for a couple of months while dealing with all the health issues) at the Center for Exercise. It's the gym associate with Washington Regional Medical Center. I love it! There are a lot of elderly people there but there are also some people of all age groups. The CFE has been located at the old hospital but on Monday the new center opens up on the new hospital campus. After breakfast we went to take a tour of the new facility and get our swipe card.

The new CFE looks great! Shannon gave us a tour. They have a couple aerobic and yoga rooms.

Lots of new machines



And a fun pool that I hope to use a lot!!

Just going through the new gym was exhausting so we came home to relax and take a nap. After I woke up I received a call from Katie saying she and Zach wanted to stop by and see me! Woohoo! I love them both and was overjoyed they wanted to come over. Katie and I had a good time chit-chatting and I had a great time playing with Zach.

He loves is ring toy and gets a little wild as he plays!
Katie showed me his almost perfected new trick...the roll over.

He has a little trouble with that dang arm! Luckily mom was there to give him a boost.



What a great finish! We cheered and clapped and Zach loved it.


The rest of the weekend has been pretty lazy. It's rained the whole time so being lazy is excused! I hope you all had a great weekend too!
P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the registry tips! They have been a huge help! Since I wasn't able to see Josh this weekend we postponed our registering to this upcoming weekend. I'll post about it next week and let you know what we've decided!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

CUTE dress!!!!!!!
I wish I could have been at PF Changs with ya'll! I've seen those cute desserts - next time I may have to try them!
And Bizzy's breakfast looks yum- that 's where we'll have to eat next time we have breakfast!
Looks like you have had a fun weekend even without Josh. :-(

Katie said...

Yes, I agree with Kelly...I want to try the Bizy's dessert! Yum! I love the document of Zach's roll!

Laurie said...

It looks like you had a WONDERFUL weekend! I didn't know about the mini desserts at PF Changs. YUM! We had take-out from there last night.

Fran said...

Adorable dress!!!

And...what a packed weekend! You guys had a blast and some yummy food too!! Those pancakes looked awesome!

Have a wonderful week. Good luck with all the registry stuff....you will end up with exactly what you want!

Hugs~
Fran

RachelM said...

Love the dress! Forever 21 ia the best!
I know you missed Josh but it looks like you had a fun weekend! Yummy desserts!
That is Kasey on my blog! I forgot you would know her!

Melissa said...

i love the dress!! sounds like you had a great weekend :)

Jennifer said...

What a cute dress! That'll be perfect honeymoon attire! :)

Your breakfast looks yummo!!

Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like a terrific weekend (except for missing Josh of course). Those mini desserts look soooo yummy! Cute dress, too.

Heather said...

That dress is adorable! I think we have a Forever 21, but I've never been in it. Now I think I will have to go! I also had no idea PF Changs had mini desserts. They look really good! I might have to stop there, too!

Megan said...

Another reason to love weekends-going out to eat. I had some awesome creme brulee at Bonefish Grill Saturday night. Wish I had some of your pancakes RIGHT NOW.

Jodie Wolfe said...

I could use your help. I am trying to survey as many women as possible to find out what ten struggles they face as a Christian woman. If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Please pass this on to your friends as well.

Caroline said...

love the dress!!!!!!! fyi...i stayed home yesterday and thought of you when Martha stewarts show came on at lunch time......THIS WEEK IS CUPCAKE WEEK!!!! AND SHE WAS SHOWING ALL THE GREAT MACY'S CUPCAKE STUFF SHE HAS!!!!!!! GO NOW, GO NOW.....YOU MUST HAVE IT ALL!!!!!!! OH YOU WOULD LOVE EVERYTHING SHE WAS SHOWING!!!!! YUM YUM!!!!!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Can I just say...Praise the Lord for PF Chang's!

Unknown said...

cute dress and pancakes looked yummy!