Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Seven Random Things and The Stones

Last week Kelly's mom, Judy, tagged me to list seven random things about myself. I did this last year so you can go here to read them. I'm sure there are more random things I can add but these will have to do for now. Unless you would like to add some for me!

Yesterday I went to the urologist to discuss the stones. It was awful trying to get there. There was a lot of construction going on so the entire road was blocked, there wasn't a sign on the building or the door so I did a lot of driving around in circles. Finally once I was parked I picked a door that looked good and decided to check it out. Luckily it was the right one. When I opened it the lobby was full of people. So many people had to see a urologist yesterday. I was shocked! They weren't all elderly either! When I went to check in the lady at the desk handed me a cup and announced in front of everyone what I needed to do with it. I realize everyone in there had to do the same thing but it was still a little chawing! And besides it wasn't even a fancy doctor cup. It was a plain ole dixie!

After I provided them with "a sample" I was off to have a X-Ray taken. I wanted to take a picture of the machine but I wasn't sure the tech would find that amusing. The machine was like none I had seen. It reminded me of something you'd find on the TV show Lost. You know, something The Others would use to brainwash the survivors of the Oceanic Flight. Fortunately there was no brainwashing yesterday...that I know of. I guess only time will tell on that one. Anyway, after the X-Ray I went into a room to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for the doctor. I waited so long I got bored and took a picture.

Once the doctor arrived he was there all of about 3 minutes. Enough to tell me the stones are small enough and have a 100% chance of passing on their own. That was pretty much the jest of it. He gave me his card and said if I needed anything to let him know. So I guess that's great news! And who knows maybe the home remedy did the trick. Now if I can just get rid of all this other costochondritis mess I'll be great! I'm currently hooked up to my heating pad at work. I took a picture of this on Friday but it is on my computer at home! I would take another one but there are quite a few people around! Maybe another time!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad the stones are small! I'm laughing that you took a picture of yourself in the room. I get so bored at the dr - that I would think about doing that - but that would be the EXACT moment the dr would walk in and I would be chawed to death.
I would list off more weird things about you but there really aren't any. You are not as weird as Laurie. ha!
Hope EVERYTHING clears up soon!

Caroline said...

SMALL STONES...THAT IS GREAT!!!!!! I hope that 'passing' them won't be bad. How long will that take?

The Hickmans said...

You are too funny, taking pictures of the cup and yourself! I'm glad they're small enough to pass. :)

Melissa said...

glad to hear they are small! sounds like you entertained yourself in the office though :)

Laurie said...

So glad to see you used chawed! One of the best words invented. Hope those stones pass soon!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi Hillary...I linked over here from Kelly's blog, and your recipes look delicious! So sorry to hear about your kidney stone stuff. I had a kidney stone when I was in high school. I was able to pass it, but I gotta tell you that was the most horrific pain I've ever experienced in my life. I will be praying for you to feel better. I'm glad you found out they were small!

Anonymous said...

so glad no surgery is needed! We have done injections for costochondritis before. if it doesn't ease up, you may want to ask about it. I'm sad I'll miss seeing you Easter!

Leigh Ann said...

Glad they are "small." What an experience at the doctor's office! I hate waiting and waiting. One time I walked around the entire doctor's office with my skirt tucked in my underwear after giving my "sample." A sweet nurse came up and said, "Honey, your panties are showing." I was mortified! At least that didn't happen to you. It was horrible!!!

ashleydiggs said...

I am laughing so hard that you took a picture of the cup! It's funny because all the time I think to myself, do I need to take a picture of _________ so that I can blog about this later?! I'm glad your stones can pass on their own!

Robyn Beele said...

Hello! I found your blog on Kelly's. Just thought I would introduce myself. I know someone else that is going through gallstones also. Good luck with everything.

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear the stones are small! woo hoo!

Also thought your 7 items were good too! I had always thought of getting a tatoo but wondered about pain. I don't like pain AT ALL. LOL

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, you are too funny! Love the pictures of the Dixie cup...can you imagine how many Dixie cups they go through in a week's time??
Think you can always tell a blogger now by the things they take pictures of....not the normal things people would want a picture of!

Get rid of those little stones...you've got a wedding to plan!!

Fran said...

Oh Hillary...
Can I tell you that you and your stones have crossed my mind many times lately.....am I weird?? But, I didn't ever come over and ask...

"how the stones?"

Get those things gone. BE GONE STONES!

Ok...have a great weekend! ;)
Fran