Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blog Recipes

This weekend I decided it was time to try a couple recipes I found in blogland. When I first saw the recipe for cake balls on Ashley's blog I knew I had to try them. My love (obsession) for cake and icing were my driving force. And when I saw them Friday on Kelly's blog I knew I better get after it. I decided to make milk chocolate cake with butter cream icing and white almond bark! DELICIOUS!

They looked like meatballs before they were dipped.

For dinner last night I wanted to make something easy so I decided to try a recipe I saw on Sunni's blog. Well actually she had gotten the recipe from Annalee's blog. These are BBQ cups and they are really yummy and oh so easy!

I made some cheese dip for our side dish and it was great!

Josh added some mustard and ketchup to his cups. If you can't tell he likes condiments!

Over all both blog recipes were great! I sent the leftovers home with Josh to share with my parents and they also liked them! Can't wait to make more cake balls next weekend!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

I've been wanting to try those meat cupcakes from Sunni and Annalee! :-)
I knew you would like the cake balls - I can't wait to make a different kind. I ate so many - I'm almost sick!

Fran said...

Its almost 9:00 and this momma missed dinner.....and, honestly my mouth got so watery looking at this food!!! Gosh....i'll be cooking this over the week. I love those cake balls! Look scrumptous!!

The Hickmans said...

Yumm!! Those look delicious!

Leigh Ann said...

I saw both of those, too, and thought I have to try them. I think I would love the chocolate cake balls. They look yummy!

Megan said...

I made those meat cupcakes a few weeks ago-delis! Now I need an occasion for the cake balls (Charlie's not big on sweets). Good pictures of your food by the way.

Caroline said...

you did great!!!!! that cheese dip is calling my name. I should have waited till after lunch to check your blog. i am going to make the meat things tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Well, that's it! I need to try the cake balls. They scream my name anytime I see them and now that you & Kelly have made them...I must!

Staci said...

My mouth started watering when I saw those cake balls on Kelly's blog and now the meat cake thingies! Too many good recipes to try!!

Guy and Julie said...

Those meat cupcakes look DELICIOUS! I'm always looking for fun recipes to try on the weekends. I always feel like I need to throw me and Guy and mini-party on Sunday nights after church and have something special (besides ordering a pizza...)--these will be perfect!

Jessica said...

Woo hoo! Girl, icing and cake drive ALL my thoughts! : ) I love the green color on your walls btw.

Melissa said...

those cake balls look good. problem is, i'd probably have to match a couple batches, one for me and one to take somewhere :) how are the wedding plans coming??

ashleydiggs said...

Updated cakeball experiment: Yellow cake, strawberry whipped icing, dipped in milk chocolate. DIVINE!

Katie said...

I actually asked Rebeka the other day, what I would make with almond bark. (Chris mom left it at my house) I will have to try those cake balls. You know how I can down the sweets. Katie

Candy said...

Hi! Got here from Kelly's blog. Thanks for passing along the recipes! I'm going to have to try both of these. Yummy! I love new recipes. :)