Friday, February 22, 2008

Invitations

I should start by saying that from the beginning of this wedding planning madness I had in my mind some things I wanted to spend more money on and other areas that I wanted to save money. One of the things I wanted to save money on was invitations. Don't get me wrong, I love the invitations with the multiple envelopes and several functioning parts. I just couldn't get over the fact people throw them away either immediately or after the wedding. And I certainly didn't want to have part of my wedding budget go towards extra envelopes and postage. At one point I just wanted to e-mail everyone an invite but clearly that wasn't the way to go either.

My mom's friend, Diane, has been planning a wedding for her daughter as well. She mentioned to my mom that we ought to go look at Treehouse Paper Co in Little Rock. I was skeptical because I figured anything from a cute paper store would be more than I wanted us to spend. My mom had gone in there a few times before I did and had made best friends with the cute ladies that work there so I knew I had to at least humor her and stop in. We made an appointment to meet with Angie one Saturday afternoon.


It took me all of 5 minutes to find an invitation I loved and realize it was completely affordable. I was a little shocked. I wanted something simple, no extra parts, but different. That's exactly what I picked out. And to top it all off I totally know why my mother has made such great friends with the people at Treehouse. They are wonderful to work with. Angie has been so great and timely about getting things done for me. I'm never had to wait on her she's always waiting on me. I'm so happy thus far and can't wait to see the invitations.

Besides all that it is the cutest store! They have so many things! If you're the kind of person that likes a bunch of different parts to your invitations they do that as well. You can find anything from casual to formal. And they have cute gifts. In fact, I've already gotten a few things from there and have plans to get others as well. So, if you live in that area and need any kind of invitation, stationary, or other gifts you really should stop in. I know you won't be disappointed!

There's more good news... last month at the Little Rock Bridal Fair they drew my name for a gift sack of personalized stationary. Here's what I got:

Sorry about the picture! It's not great quality! They are a lot cuter than what the picture shows! I'm really excited to use my new cards! And the little card with the ring on it is so adorable!

P.S. I ordered my dress today!!! Yea! Sorry, girls, no details! It's a surprise...except for a few who have seen it and given me their opinion! But I love it!

16 comments:

ErinA said...

Oh my gosh!! You are just like me. I felt the same way about invitations, granted there are some beautiful ones that Id love to use, I can't stand that the will just be thrown away. I actually had one of my bridesmaids design my invitation and a printer friend of my moms is doing it free of charge! Yay!! I bought paper from a wholesale paper shop and will spend less than a dollar per invite including the cost of stamps! Congrats on getting the dressed ordered, you are extremely on top of things!

Kelly said...

Fun stationary!!!!!!!
I'm so excited you ordered your dress! It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! (just wait until the rest of you see!)

Caroline said...

I love your cute stationary and I am so glad that you got the invitation that you liked...with out blowing the budget.

The Hickmans said...

How fun to be a winner! Those are adorable. :)

Melissa said...

my invitation, i'm doing an email RSVP for those folks that know how to use a computer and a postcard reply for others. save a little money on stamps! i love the surprise of the dress, that's totally what i'm doing! i completely know how you are feeling. i'm so ready for june 7th, i can't stand it!! everytime i think about it, i get all giddy and can't stop smiling :)

Mrs. Shelton said...

I was very lucky. My best friend and matron of honor, sells stationary for a company. I got my invitations at cost. You can look at my wedding tags and see what mine were like. I loved them! My parents were really great and didn't give me a budget (although I'm not the type to overdo it. They are very expensive, but it is worth it!

Leigh Ann said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm a nut for stationery!

His Doorkeeper said...

Congrats on winning the stationary! How neat! Can't wait to hear more about the dress! Weddings are such fun!

RachelM said...

I can't believe your name got drawn! What a great prize to win!
Can't wait to see your dress and invitations!

Leslie Maddox said...

Hi Hillary, I saw your comment on the LPM blog. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I was married just 3 months ago and understand the craziness. There were times that we thought it would be way easier to elope, but it all ended up being worthwhile in the end. So keep having fun with it!

Unknown said...

I'm just the opposite of you - I didn't spend as much money on the cake because I wanted to splurge on invitations! I actually work at a stationery store, so I got a discount - which definitely helped! I so wish I could plan my wedding again and do it over - it was so much fun!

Melissa Stover said...

that sounds like a great place. i'll have to check it out. and how exciting that you won something!

Meredith said...

Cute invites! I have to go to that store. Is it in the shopping center by Buffalo Grill?

Hillary said...

Meredith-
It is in that shopping center in one of the middle sections. She's having a 40% off sale right now on ALL paper...invitations, stationary, cards, etc. It's great! You need to go in!

The Bunch Fam! said...

One of the ladies who was on the committee that brought me here, Lynn Corley, is the former sister-in-law of the owner of treehouse. She's a hoot. Their who family is fun.

The Bunch Fam! said...

I meant whole, not who.