Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's Saturday

Hello friends! It's early Saturday morning. By early I mean around 7:20 am. I don't normally post on Saturday's but since I was up I thought I would give it a whirl! I have a confession and I don't think you're going to like it. I get the award for worst blogger this week. Not because of my lack of posts but because I arrived last night at the Fourth of July Celebration at church with a DEAD CAMERA BATTERY! *Gasp* What good blogger does that? I'm so ashamed. I don't have one single picture. I took a lot of pictures for the church with their camera but none to call my very own. I will say that we had a lot of fun. The fireworks were great, the weather was nice, and we had a lot of non-church members show up. This is the second year our church has done this as an outreach ministry. I think it is certainly something I can get used to.


I feel like today is going to be wonderful and busy and I'm praying the Lord multiplies my time. This morning, as always, Josh and I will go get breakfast, groceries, and then we are going to look at fabric. I think he's really excited about the fabric part. You see, I'm going to spend a good part of my day today sewing. You know why? Because several of you are so kind as to love the dresses, ruffle shirts (I posted it on twitter), jewelry envelopes, etc I've made and want one for someone you love. I'm so honored and flattered that some of you would let me make things for you! Seriously. Here's a picture of some fabric I'm using to make a few things.

I L.O.V.E. this fabric. Picture it in a jumper dress (the zebra print), a ruffle dress, a ruffle shirt, and ruffle pants. SO CUTE! I like it because it's bright but it's also not seasonal. These fabrics can be worn year round. I can't wait to share pictures with you! Hopefully the ladies who are buying from me will share the pictures of their cuties wearing them.

Also, I wanted to let you mothers of boys know something. I'm going to be making jon-jon's/rompers in the next couple of weeks. I can't just make girl's clothes now can I? I will post pictures when I get them finished.

As always, feel free to e-mail me with any questions or if you'd like me to make something for you as well.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I'm off to wake up my husband. I figured he probably didn't sleep well with all the anticipation and excitement of fabric shopping today.

Happy Early Birthday, America!!!

17 comments:

Jill said...

We're going to have to come to your fireworks display next year!

I'm going to check out the fabric at Hob Lob and contact you soon. Can't wait for Amelia to have a Hillary original!

You guys have a fun Saturday & 4th!!

Laurie said...

I love that fabric too! That is so good that you are getting sewing business.

Lauren said...

Seriously, you'll have your own business in new time!!!!!! You're amazing at it!!!! Have a great 4th weekend Hillary :)

Christy Wallace said...

So I went to college with Laurie and Kelly and read your blog from reading theirs. I have to tell you I think you are SO funny!! I love reading your posts b/c they make me laugh outloud! Had to comment today b/c I love sewing and am in the process of making a pillowcase dress for my daughter w/same fabric you showed today! Happy sewing!!

Christy from Texarkana

(this is 2nd attempt to comment so I hope you didn't get the same message twice)

Kelly said...

I'm so proud of you and your sewing business.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and enjoyed reading some of your older posts....Hope you had a GREAT FOURTH!
I have a fun giveaway on my holiday blog...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
check out A Baby Changes Everything
drawing Monday night

Jennifer said...

Yeah for the boy clothes! I can't find any cute one out there. Can't wait until you start making those!

Rebekah said...

If you are a bad blogger...I am a TOTAL FAILURE! I love the fabric too. I am going to have to hire you to start making outfits for Cilla!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi Hillary,

I am visiting from Kelly's blog and had to comment to tell you how cute the things are you have made for Harper! I have a 19 month old daughter Lily who I would love to talk with you about making something for! Can you email me how much you would charge?

OH! I am excited you are going to make rompers for boys too! I have a 12 month old boy and a little preemie boy in the NICU!! We have a four year old son too but he has outgrown rompers!! Maybe we could do a matching t-shirt or something :)

My email is owensmommyadrienne(at)gmail(dot)com

and blog is

www.our-journey-to-parenthood.blogspot.com


Thank you!

Angela said...

I need one of these for my Ava! Love Harper's dress!

Angela said...

Could you send me your email? I would really like a dress! I love love love it!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have you make a dress for my little girl! Could you email me your prices? clkocher@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Ashley said...

Looks like you need to open up an Etsy shop ASAP girl!! So happy for you.

Regan said...

I have a 9 month old son and would love a romper. Can you post pictures once you have one complete? I am looking for something really cute for his 1st birthday. We are Auburn fans but I see you are an Arkansas fan. Could you make one with Auburn as a theme?

The Queen said...

Something tells me you are going to get a lot of requests today! Could you email me your prices and fabric options? Love your dresses!

katygking@gmail.com

Have a beautiful day!
katy

Georgia Girl said...

Coming over from Kelly's blog...the dress you made Harper is so cute! I love those colors. Would love for you to make some dresses for my little girl. Well she is older than some of these little ones. She is 5 but she loves dresses and I have been looking online for some. Love your fabric...and oh yeah open an etsy store! Could you email me your prices and fabric options?

Georgia Girl said...

oops forgot to leave my email address.

bethlowman@bellsouth.net