Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Headaches

**Update: First of all, THANK YOU for your prayers! They have helped so much! Today has been much more tolerable than the past couple of days. My head has still hurt but the medicince has eased it a lot whereas yesterday nothing was working. Yesterday at the doctor's office the nurse practitioner told me that at this point she and the doctor both feel it is nerve related. She doesn't suspect the MRI will turn up anything but still wants to schedule one to put both our minds at ease. She gave me a prescription for a drug that is supposed to help nerve pain for certain disorders and it might be helpful with whatever is causing my headaches. Unfortunately it is the kind of drug that insurance companies don't want to pay for unless it is absolutely necessary. So right now I'm waiting on two things, getting my MRI scheduled, and getting word that I can in fact get my prescription without having to pay a ridiculous amount for it! Thanks again for all of your prayers! I really appreciate it! Keep them coming! I'm sure once I have the results of the MRI I will feel much better about everything!

Hello Blogging Friends! I have not forgotten about you! I will post soon about this past weekend and share some pictures. Nothing overly exciting! I just wanted to do a quick post to ask you to pray for me! I've been to the docotor a lot lately. The last month it has been about headaches I've been having. First of all, I don't get headaches so that was weird to begin with. Second of all I had never had one like these. Of course the first thing is always tension headaches caused by stress, muscle tension, etc. And I have had muscle tension and stress so that's a good call. Only the things they use to treat those hasn't helped. Then my doctor was thinking neuritis. So he gave me a shot in my occipital nerve. Unfortunately that didn't help either (and it hurt, my goodness!). I had an eye appointment yesterday to see if that had something to do with it. Nope...all is the same on that end. I have an appointment with my doctor again here in a few minutes. They are supposed to schedule me an MRI or CT scan at the hospital. Please pray that I am able to get the test done quickly and please pray they will have the results right away. Thanks in advance for praying! I will keep you updated...and do a picture post soon!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm praying Hillary!!!!!!

I love you and hope that everything will be okay.

RachelM said...

Praying for you!

Heather said...

Hillary,

I found your blog from Kelly's (which I have been reading for a month or so now), and while I still feel like a dork making comments, I thought I might be able to help on this one. I get chronic migraines, and one of my biggest symptoms, besides aura, is loss of vision. I don't know too much about neuritis but I think optic neuritis causes loss of vision as well? And, apparently, loss of vision isn't always common in migraines. Anyway, if you aren't allergic to it, you might see if your doctor thinks Toradol might be helpful. Toradol is an anti-inflammatory that helps alleviate some of the pain and pressure.

I am definitely not a doctor or a nurse, but it's just a thought! The MRI should give the doctor a good idea of what's going on.

In the interim, I'll pray for you.

Heather

Robyn Beele said...

I hope you find out something soon! I will pray!

Unknown said...

I hope everything is okay you are in my prayers.

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, my prayers are with you and hoping those headaches leave you soon!

RRR said...

I found your blog through Kelly's! I am also planning my wedding and have had fun seeing what you have been doing!
I am sorry you are having headaches and so many trips to the doctor! I went through that my junior year of college and it wasn't fun! I hope all is well soon!

Melissa said...

I'm praying! Let us know how are you doing. I want to see a picture of you in the doctor's office :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Praying. And I know it will be harmless!

Leigh Ann said...

Hope you feel better quickly! I'll pray for your tests!

Caroline said...

Praying that they will leave you immediately!!!!! That the doctors will know exactly what to do to help you!!!!!!!!!