Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Blog Family Welcomes...Katie!!!

Get excited everyone! My friend Katie has a blog!!! I am thrilled! Katie is one of my very best friends and the mother of the most adorable little boy, Zach, that I post about all the time! She's been a faithful reader of Fruit Basket and now it is time for her to get out there and blog!
For those of you who are interested here is our story:
I met Katie when I moved to Little Rock in 1995. I was starting my sophomore year of high school and wasn't exactly excited about being at a new school in a new city with new people. You see I came from a small town of around 3500 people so Little Rock was a bit of a culture shock. Fortunately I went to a small private school so it was a little easier to adjust. I had seen Katie around at school and church but it wasn't until Halloween of that year that we actually became friends. She, along with a few other girls, came over to my house and that's when it all started! From there we were the best of friends in high school (along with 4 other "fruits") and then in 1998 she and I lived together our freshman year at Baylor! We had a BLAST!! Collins 1 South Rocks (Adrianna was also a 1 Souther and she can testify as well). Unfortunately I ended up transferring from Baylor to the University of Arkansas after the first semester of my sophomore year. It was a tough decision but the right decision. I don't regret it a bit! The only awful thing was leaving my friends...and leaving Katie! Little did I know the Lord would bring us back together! Now we live only a few minutes of each and see one another regularly! We've had lots of laughs and lots of tears together over the years! She's one of my biggest fans and I hers! I think the world of her and I don't think it will take long for you all to see why! Go check her out...

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Katie is so sweet and pretty! I'm glad she is a blogger now too!
We are going to have so much fun at your wedding! :-)

Caroline said...

I loved hearing about ya'lls story. I can't wait to go look at her blog. You both look so pretty in that picture!!!!!!

Caroline said...

are you going????? i have been to one a couple of years ago in oklahoma city which was amazing. if ya'll I'll go!!!!!!!!

Caroline said...

Ok I am checking into it right now

Leigh Ann said...

Ya'll look so cute. I'm going to visit her now.

Caroline said...

hey Hillary, who made your blog title thing????

walkers said...

what a great tribute, you guys have such a precious friendship. love you both!

Fran said...

Well, I will hop right over and welcome her to this crazy blog world! :)

Hugs~
Fran

Jennifer said...

I had so much fun with the registry! It is a great chance to really put down those 'dream items' as you never know what generous items you may receive! :) Can't wait to hear where you choose to register.