Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Day and the Day After

Our Turkey Day didn't go quite as planned. Instead of doing a little traveling and lots of visiting family we ended up just going to Josh's Granny's house for lunch. Sadie still wasn't feeling great so we decided just one stop was the best idea for everyone. I didn't get many pictures but we had a good time. Sadie did really well.




She smiled and played the whole time. When we got home she played some more.


This is Sadie's play spot. She loves looking at all the ornaments on the tree. So thankful she isn't mobile yet because she just admires them from afar.




A few years ago a friend of mine mentioned on Facebook a family tradition she has with her family. The morning after Thanksgiving the kids get Christmas pjs and a Christmas book. I thought it was such a fun idea so I decided to do it with Sadie.







Sadie played with her books for a while. She loved them.




After her morning nap she and I headed over to see my friends Katie and Laura. They were both in town for Thanksgiving so it was so good to see them and their babes. I miss these girls a lot! I wish I could see them all the time. They just get me and that is priceless.


I hate that I didn't get a picture of Laura! I was a little crazy today.


Colson is just relaxing and taking his milk.



Katie and Sadie



Sadie loved playing with boy toys. Here she is chewing on a car. Nice.



Braysen was so good and sweet the whole time. He just played and played.



Katie, Brock, and Colson




This was the first time I got to see Brock and he was so sweet.


I wish we could have spent more time hanging out but I'm just so thankful I got to see them.




Currently I'm watching the Arkansas/LSU game. It has become obvious at this point in the game LSU deserves to be #1. I'm a proud hog fan and I'm glad to be in the SEC.


3 comments:

Erin Branscom said...

You guys have some adorable babies! :) I love your blog header, it is so pretty! Erin

Jill said...

That baby is happy even when sick...so sweet. Joy said you have been sick?? Are you ok?? I was away from Twitter for a couple of days, so she was filling me in. :) Hope you're better!

Friends who "get you" are priceless. For realz.

Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED getting to see you & Sadie and definitely wish it could have been longer!