Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ear Candles...what?

OK, so have you ever heard of or tried ear candles? I was introduced to them several years ago. My friends Laurie and Kelly invited my roommate and I over to experience their greatness. Laurie LOVES them and she was dying to share the love. I must say I enjoyed them myself. Yes, they are a little gross if you stop and think about it but they are oh so cool. Well yesterday my mom, sister and I were out shopping and I came across some. I told my mom about them and she decided to try them out herself. Before you get started you need some candles and an aluminum pie pan.

Next a person sits down with their head tilted and places the small end of the candle in the ear. At this time the assistant (which was my job) lights the other end of the candle.

You just sit and wait for the candle to burn down. Once it has burned a while you remove it from your ear, let it cool, and if you dare you can open it to see what's inside. Don't worry, I didn't take any pictures of that. :) And speaking of Laurie earlier guess who came to church with me today??

You guessed it! I was so excited when I got an e-mail from her last week asking if she could come to church with us. She came in town on Saturday to see some of her other friends and wanted to see us as well. I was thrilled! I miss my friends so much so it is nice having them stop by for a visit. Thanks again, Laurie! I was great seeing you. And knowing she was coming I couldn't keep all the ear candle excitement to myself so I bought her a little something...

On a completely random note, rememeber my last post about speeding up your metabolism? Well this next part will only slow the whole system way down but I wanted to share anyway. The other day I was checking out Bakerella's blog and I came across a recipe I really wanted to try. It's called Peach Crunch Cake and it was sooooo good. It was super sweet so beware. You can go here for the recipe.



Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I'm off to finish my cheese dip for our youth party tonight. Geaux Saints!!!! Go Colts! I'm undecided!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

So good to see you! Gonna do the candles tomorrow night!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Jennifer said...

My mom and I have talked about trying the ear candles but I'm scared I will burn my ear or my hair off! Maybe I will try it soon!

Rebekah said...

I am laughing out loud right now! Oh my goodness, I remember the first time we tried the ear candles!

Lauren said...

I have NEVER tried the candle, very interesting, haha!!! And that cake looks delish!! :)

Anonymous said...

So what does it do exactly...did I miss that? Interesting. Cute blog!

Tamara Ann said...

I found you through Kelly's blog and have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE ear candles!! My family has been using them for years and I've only had one bad experience. That was the first time I let my husband do it for me. When he cut the tip off, instead of dumping it in the water he dropped it on my arm which I then flung out sending it to the floor...all the while it was still on fire. One burn mark on my arm and one hole in the carpet later my ears felt great!