Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Joy To The World

This past weekend Josh and I took some of our youth to Garvan Woodland Gardens to see their WONDERFUL Christmas lights. It is a walking tour so it was sure to be cold. We knew it was typically their busiest night of the season so we were prepared to wait in line. I should have worn warmer shoes. It was quite chilly while we waited.

Waiting in line. Check out the fogged up glasses.

Our first stop was for hot chocolate. They give this out for free! And you can roast marshmallows. How cool is that?! They have food items to buy to if you so desire.

The ring I told Josh I wanted for Christmas.

The fish in the pond.

The swan in the pond.

Not the best picture of us but I love the wreath and the wrapped present behind us.

I think my favorite part were all the chandeliers they had handing in the trees. I know this picture looks more like a tornado of lights but its not. They were so pretty.

How cute is this?!?!?


Awwwww.....

LOVED this as well! It was gorgeous!


N-B-C, I love you, Biggest Loser and Sing Off

They had lost of pretty flowers.

And do top it off a little village with a train.
If you haven't made the trip to Hot Springs to Garvan Gardens then I highly recommend it. I can't wait to go back in the spring to see all of the pretty flowers. I thinking seeing the Christmas lights though is going to be a new tradition. It is so worth the $5.50 (dont forget about the free hot chocolate). Plus they have shorter or longer trails if you aren't up for lots of walking. And if you're handicap or elderly they have golf carts they use to drive you around. Not to mention a lot of people brought their cute pets.

Oh yeah, all of you SEWERS please check out the post below. I've gotten some good advice so far and am looking for more!
Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

My parents have been there before and LOVE it. It does look like a fun little trip!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!! Looks like a blast, and soooo cold, haha!!!

rae said...

I was there Saturday night, too. It was COLD, but the lights were great and my husband, dog Percie, and I had a great time! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, too. We have decided to make it a tradition, also!