Saturday, January 24, 2009

Facebook First Timer and More

It's been interesting to watch the popularity of facebook change through the different age groups. When I was in college we didn't have it so it became popular for us "young career" folks to get it. Then I guess that wore off and now it has become popular for people of all ages i.e. my mother. Several months ago I noticed a lot of my mom's friends were setting up facebook accounts. I had given her my information in the past so she could get on it and "snoop" but it became evident that it was time for her to have her own. She's not really the most computer savvy so I decided I'd just set her up on it myself. So that's what I did last night. Cool, huh?! Great way to spend a Friday night. Well let me just say my mom sure is glad I did. She's loving it. Last I checked she already had 38 friends. Go mom!! Confession...I sent out almost all the friend requests for her. I just picked people (my friends included) that she'd want to keep up with. So if you got a friend invite just go ahead and accept it. She's harmless, I promise!


So that was what entertained me last night. Today was just as entertaining though. After breakfast Josh and I went to the church because he had a lot of things to get done before Sunday. I went with him so I could help him make copies and send postcards through the meter. I did pretty well if I do say so myself!

Here's my hot hubby at work!
After that we came home, ate left over Chinese food, watched the rest of the Hog game (lost to Auburn, boo!) and then took a 3 hour nap! Loved it! Then we headed to Walmart for our weekly groceries, ate dinner, I talked on the phone to Laurie (she went to Tulsa today and wanted to update me on the day's events), sipped on my Rt. 44 diet cherry limeade and now here I am. What a day! I'm exhausted!! :) Oh, I guess I left out one thing. After my nap it was time for my parents to head to their function. I wanted to take a picture of them for mom's profile on facebook.


New profile pic on facebook...coming soon.

Check out her styling boots!!!

OK...I'm out!!! Good night! Don't forget to pray for Harper. And Kelly, Scott, their parents, etc.

5 comments:

Odom Livin' said...

jewels! i love the boots. styling!

Katie said...

You are doing great blogging! Yea! I love keeping up with my Hillary!

Snazzy parents!

Joyce said...

Wow! Who knew Julie and Darrel could look so snazzy?

By the way, I made the tortellini soup today. It was awesome!!!

Lauren said...

Well Hillary's Mom to Facebook!!!! Watch out, it's addicting, haha!!! Hope you had a good weekend Hillary!! :)

Rebekah said...

Oh Jules! We are facebook friends! She is cute...especially with those sassy booties! My mom has NO clue about the computer either! It is either a phone call or nothing!