Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's Been A While

I know it has been a while since I've posted. I will try to do better. I have some pictures of different things that have been going on the last couple of weeks and I will share those with you in the near future. For now I just want to brag on God! Yesterday evening I found out that a couple accepted the offer to buy my house!!!!!!! Can I get a, "PRAISE THE LORD"?? When I called Josh and told him I was sobbing because I just couldn't believe it. You all know that the housing market is not good for sellers. But MY GOD IS BIGGER!!!

From the moment I found out I was going to be able to buy the house 3 and a half years ago it has stood as a tangible object of faith for me. Besides the fact that the house was completely out of my price range other reason made it seem impossible to buy. The LORD, however, had that house for me and He made it happen against all odds. He provides! Then after 2 years of living with 2 roommates one of my roommates decides to venture out and buy her own home. I was very stressed about finances and not having the extra cushion. At the same time as that the LORD provided a opportunity for me to clean dentist offices during the week. Wouldn't you know the money I made doing that was MORE than enough to cover what I received from my roommate ever month. He provides. And then yesterday I find out my other roommate is moving out ASAP and for a couple months I would have to carry the expenses on my own. A few hours after she told me she was moving (because she got a job...PRAISE THE LORD for that as well) I got a phone call from my realtor that the couple wanted my house and the bank approved them. He provides! I kept telling Holly, my roommate, that she would get job at the same time I sell my house. Praise the LORD He worked it out that way. We still have to make it through the inspection and appraisal so please pray for favor on both of those things. God has brought us this far and I know He will bring it to completion. Sometimes it is just hard for me to not be anxious!

Anyway...as you can tell the moral to this story is God PROVIDES. BELIEVE HIM!!! His plans are far better than ours!

19 comments:

Kelly said...

He is good and He does provide! He delays answering until we KNOW it can only be HIM!
YEAY - I knew it would sell. I just knew it would! Hawaii will be so much better now that you won't have any stress in the back of your mind. ALOHA!!!! :-)

Shannon said...

Yea!!! When we started our Bible Study the first night I said, "lets pray it sells before August." Nothing like July 31st!

cjrussell said...

Anything is possible for he who believes!

Jenna said...

Congrats Hillary!!! That is awesome news! Praying for ya!!!

Katie said...

WoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo!! GO GOD! He is always more than able for us.

Caroline said...

Oh this post made me cry because He is bigger! He does provide if we trust Him every step of the way!!!!!! Oh I am so thrilled with this story! He is ALWAYS GOOD!!! GOd you are ALWAYS GOOD!!!!!! PRAISE YOU FOR THIS ANSWERED PRAYER AND INCREASING OUR FAITH!!!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have missed you Hillary and I can't wait to see pictures ;)!

I am SO HAPPY you sold your house and things are going well :)! He always takes care of us!

Melissa said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! Isn't it amazing how we start worrying and thinking too much about something, then God comes through?! God is definitely GOOD!!!! How are wedding plans?????

Joyce said...

I am so excited for you and Josh! God's timing is always perfect, even though we sometimes wonder.
Thanks for sharing the good news. Get some rest now!! Love ya!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the sale of the house! Awesome.

It's good to have you back in blog world. I've looked for your wedding updates. :)

Jessica said...

So happy for you!!! : )

Brittney said...

That's so exciting! Our house sold after less than a month on the market! We decided to go for sale by owner, but we weren't getting much traffic. We were two days from meeting with a realtor when we got our offer. We close next week! God is amazing and ALWAYS seems to have a way of working things out--I don't know why we stress out so much? Must be a girl thing! :)

Rebekah said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! God is bigger than our houses! What a praise! I know that is a huge burden lifted! We'll keep praying everything goes smooth!

walkers said...

amen! what a testimony girl, thanks for sharing and so glad it sold!

His Doorkeeper said...

God's timing is ALWAYS right!
Congratulations!

Julie said...

Praise the Lord!!!! Praise the Lord!!! He always provides above and beyond our expectations. I'm happy for you!!!

Jewels said...

I am just believing you will have a SOLD sign in your front yard next week.

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary,

Your Mom, JEWELS, just left a comment on my blog. I want to thanks her but she doesn't have a blog, I guess?

Anyway, tell her thanks for me and encourage her to start her own blog! Mamas can blog....even older ones!!!! har

Erica Powell said...

Hooray!