Sunday, August 14, 2011

4 Months Old

Saturday, August 13, 2011


Sadie, you are 4 months old. There is no way this is possible. It really does seem like yesterday we were waiting on your arrival at the hospital. You have changed SO MUCH this month. These pictures don't even look like the same baby.
You were my skinny-minny at first and now you have the BEST rolls on your arms, legs and of course under your chin.
We don't know your official stats because your well visit was moved back a couple of weeks.
We weighed you on our scales though and you were 15 pounds even. I was actually expecting you to be 15 and a 1/2 but you surprised me. I tried measuring your length and as best I can tell you are around 25 and 1/2 inches.
You wear size 3 month and size 3-6 month clothes.
You wear a size two diaper.
You get 5 bottles a day and each are 5 ounces.
You're still on Nutramigen formula and you still take Zantac for your acid reflux.
You sleep like a champ and we are so thankful. You go to bed around 7:30 or 8pm and you wake up around 7 or 7:30am. You are about to have to go to bed a little earlier since our morning schedule will be changing because of work.
You've been taking 3 naps during the day with your one in the afternoon being the longest.

You know your name...although you probably think it's Sadie-Lady because that's what we call you. Anytime we say it you turn and look at us.
You laugh all the time now and it's on purpose. Your daddy can make you laugh the most. You get so tickled at him. You are really a happy baby. You still only get fussy when you're tired.
When you get really tired now you talk to try to keep yourself from falling asleep. You hate to fall asleep when something is going on so you'll do almost anything to keep yourself awake.
You are finding your voice in a big way. You've have a few very loud screams that even scare you. You try hard to recreate them and sometimes you succeed and other times you don't.
You chew on everything, your hands, fingers, clothes, bibs, mommy, daddy, anything you can.
You are putting your hands to good use. You like to help hold your bottle, hold our fingers, grab your toys. pull mommy's hair, rub your eyes when you're tired, etc. Sometimes I find you just looking at your hands in amazement.


For play time you love your jumperoo, bumbo, laying on your play mat or the blanket. You like tummy time at first but then you get tired of it. You can roll over but sometimes you choose not to. You also like to sit in the Jeep and Jules and Big D's house. You can't quite move it but you are close.

You love to play during bath time. We are moving your baths from the kitchen sink to the bathroom because you get wild and splash water every where.

You also love T.V. I let you watch it sometimes and you act like you know exactly what's going on. For some reason golf always gets and keeps your attention. Your Big D is proud of that.

You are so sweet at night. We've develop a routine of reading a book, singing songs, and rocking. I happen to love it. You love to look at the pages of the books while I read. You don't take your eyes off them. When I sing you smile so big. I know it must be love because I have a terrible voice. Your favorite song is You Are My Sunshine. I also sing you Jesus Loves Me a lot and The Razorback Fight Song.


Sadie, you discover new things each and every day and it is so fun to watch. Your personality is really starting to develop. I know this is only just the beginning. As I've said before and I'll say again you bring so much joy into our lives. We are blessed to have you for our little girl.

You really are our Sunshine.

We love you!

9 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

SO precious!!!! I love her little giggle smile in the picture!

Ashley said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I seriously love her. She is such a cutie and I love her little 4 month outfit! I NEEEEED to squeeze those rolls in person! : ) Happy 4 months, Sadie!

Jenna said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE HER!

sl said...

She is precious! What a beautiful smile!! Enjoy her. She will grow up so fast!

Megan said...

Omigosh I love that sweet baby girl!!! I want to hold her again!!

michelle ellis said...

She is so precious and beautiful, with such a sweet smile! Our little ones are just a month apart! Aren't these times just the best?

Jill said...

She's one of those babies that just makes me smile. Love you, Sadie! Happy 4 months!!

Sara said...

What a sweet smile! Happy Four Months!

Stephanie Marie said...

She has the sweetest smile! You can't help but look at her cute face and feel happy. Makes me so excited to meet our baby girl!