Thursday, November 29, 2007

#2 Scented Oils

Like most of my friends I like to burn candles in my house. There are few things better than a great, not too powerful, candle. It's quite cozy! However, I have found something I like even better. I'm a big fan of scented oils and the cute decorative burners that go with them. All you have to do is light a tea light candle, put a few drops of the scented oil in the dish on your burner, and you're good to go. They have all kinds of different oil burners. The one I have is very plain but you can get one for almost any decorative style.

They also have TONS of different scented oils. I only have ones from Bath & Body Works and from The Body Shop although I'm sure you can get them at different places. A few of my favorites are:

Tobacco Flower------Gingerbread
Fresh Apple Pie--------Fresh Linen

I hope to try a few new scents soon. I have my eye on Egg Nog, Peppermint, and Fresh Baked Cookie. I might even try one for stress relief or energy! Who knows if it works but it might be worth a try. Some of the oils are on sale at Bath and Body Works right now for $4.00 (regular $7.50) so I might have to splurge!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Fresh baked cookie sounds good! I like things that make you house smell like you have been baking! I'm wondering what tobacco flower sounds like - makes me think your house will smell like you've been smoking a pack of cigs! ha ha ha!
(I like Hillary's favorite things series!)

Hillary said...

Ha!! Well, I was wondering about Tobacco flower when I first saw it and it doesn't smell like cigs or cigars! Maybe a faint pipe smell but not really. It smells really good. It's a little strong though!
I like when my house smells like I've been baking too!! But it makes me hungry sometimes!